Stock Browser disappeared with 2.2 update

chelos

Reaction score
I'm was running 2.1 on my Moto Droid, and received the OTA today. It installed correctly, no issues, except when I tried to open the browser ... nothing happens. It's not listed under apps, when I try to search web, nothing opens. My browser seems to have been erased by this update!

I am able to reach the web on Dolphin browser, but the stock Android Browser is just MIA.

I'm not a fan of Dolphin, and I don't have all of my bookmars, etc. set up there, I just want my stock browser back.

Is there a way to re-download this? Any way to get it back? I really hope I don't have to do a factory reset, I have tons and tons of apps I don't want to lose.

HELP ME!

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm was running 2.1 on my Moto Droid, and received the OTA today. It installed correctly, no issues, except when I tried to open the browser ... nothing happens. It's not listed under apps, when I try to search web, nothing opens. My browser seems to have been erased by this update!

I am able to reach the web on Dolphin browser, but the stock Android Browser is just MIA.

I'm not a fan of Dolphin, and I don't have all of my bookmars, etc. set up there, I just want my stock browser back.

Is there a way to re-download this? Any way to get it back? I really hope I don't have to do a factory reset, I have tons and tons of apps I don't want to lose.

HELP ME!

Very strange, I've never heard of that problem, I would assume you are not rooted, considering you got the OTA.

OP
C

chelos

Reaction score
You are correct, I'm not rooted. This is a very strange bug ... but I'm making do with Dolphin for the time being. I hope that the next OTA will correct the issue.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

atn710

Reaction score
Missing Mobile Browser after FROYO OTA Update

I am having the same issue. I will keep you posted if I find anything... very frustrating .