stock browser annoyance

cariel

Reaction score
We used to be able to press the menu button and get tabs, and the address bar. No more. :( I used to be able to browse with just my thumb, but now I have to scroll to the top to access tabs and the address bar. What is up with that???

Does anyone know a shortcut to get to the tabs and/or address bar? If not, do you know of another browser I could try that won't piss, me off like this stock ICS crap?

Thanks.

(I am also one of those people annoyed with the People thing-- no "phone number only" contacts, really? So dumb!) Other than that, I do like ICS, just needed a day to get used to it.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
We used to be able to press the menu button and get tabs, and the address bar. No more. :( I used to be able to browse with just my thumb, but now I have to scroll to the top to access tabs and the address bar. What is up with that???

Does anyone know a shortcut to get to the tabs and/or address bar? If not, do you know of another browser I could try that won't piss, me off like this stock ICS crap?

Thanks.

(I am also one of those people annoyed with the People thing-- no "phone number only" contacts, really? So dumb!) Other than that, I do like ICS, just needed a day to get used to it.

I use and recommend dolphin browser hd

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
That sucks. Default ICS browser on MIUI allows you to switch tabs from top or bottom of the page. Sounds like you'll have to try another browser as said above.

OP
C

cariel

Reaction score
Dolphin HD is great, but it still doesn't allow browsing the tabs from the bottom of the screen. :sad:

unbesorgt

Reaction score
In the stock browser, go to Settings > Labs and check the box next to Quick Controls. Now when you slide your thumb in from either side, it will give you a thumb control you can use to switch tabs, add a new tab, go home, open bookmarks, access address bar, etc. It's actually very slick. Now if they would just add this feature to Chrome, I would be all set.