Stock battery charge time

Vindii

Reaction score
How long will a stock battery hold its charge for if it is not installed in the phone. I'm thinking of getting a backup to keep with me in the event that my battery does not make it through the day but I'm not sure how often I would need to recharge it if it is not used. Don't want to find out it is dead when it is needed.

Slider46

Reaction score

The OP's question is more along the lines of "How long will the spare battery last if left unused?"

To answer, most li-ion batterys can hold a charge for months if not a year with no significant loss of charge. I would say check the spare battery every month and see if it needs a charge but most likely, it won't. (or you'll use it before then)

OP
V

Vindii

Reaction score

The OP's question is more along the lines of "How long will the spare battery last if left unused?"

To answer, most li-ion batterys can hold a charge for months if not a year with no significant loss of charge. I would say check the spare battery every month and see if it needs a charge but most likely, it won't. (or you'll use it before then)

That would be nice. I can only see needing it once in a awhile. Most days one battery will make it all day. When traveling it may need the extra battery. If it stays charged that long it would be fine. I was just hoping it wouldn't lose charge in a week or something like that.