Stock Android Clock for Rubix Blurry 1.8?

MrAreCool

Reaction score
I am sure that this has been posted before, but "stock android clock" returns a lot of results for this forum...

I am going Blurry again because I can't seem to live w/out the stock dialer, but I have gotten used to the default clock in the Blurless ROMs. Can someone point me to a download please?
Thanks!

Also, where can I find the Car Home app that appears in the non-blurry ROMs? I have never seen it in the market, but it seems like other have...

OP
M

MrAreCool

Reaction score
Wow, thought this was an easy one... I guess not!

I restored a Liberty backup and I was able to save the deskclock.apk, CarHomeGoogle.apk, and CarHomeLauncher.apk (wasn't sure which of the CarHome ones I needed...), but when I try to install them, I get the message "Application not installed".

Can these not be installed on a Blurry ROM??

akanealw

Reaction score
They should be installed in /system/app. You need to copy them there with root explorer, change the permissions to match the other apks there, then reboot. They should show up in your app drawer after that.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
M

MrAreCool

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll be sure to give that a shot next time I am using Rubix again (I am changing every few days it seems like...). I was just surprised they didn't install like some of the other .apk apps I have installed.