Stock 2.3.3 battery drain

Pmoser

Reaction score
In theearoy you will get better battery life. And just don't download stupid stuff. Download from the market or a well known source

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

jonathon1289

Reaction score
I have a task killer (Process Monitor) installed but it is not actively running. 95% of the time I let Android monitor and kill tasks as needed, but occasionally I iwll use Process Monitor to kill a hung app. I do NOT have it actively running, as this will cause a battery drain.

I also have Lookout installed, but I have security disabled. Everytime a new app is installed Lookout scans it, which causes a huge performance hit for several seconds. I use Lookout for the backup and theft protection, and just am careful about what I download in the market.

jonathon1289

Reaction score
Does checking data saver help?

Sent from my DROIDX

Not for battery. If I understand it correctly, that just forces most of your data like email and market downloads to run over wifi instead of 3G.
Using wifi instead of 3g will help save your battery, especially if you change the wifi scan time from 90 seconds to a few minutes.

OP
M

musclemilk

Reaction score
How do I change scan to minutes?

I am stock and want to know battery %.. What app do i download?

Also I am in a dead spot at work so it jumps to 1g to 3g... That probably doesn't help.

Sent from my DROIDX

jonathon1289

Reaction score
If you have wifi access at work connect to it. The constant switching between 1g and 3g will drain your battery as the raio is constantly searching.

When you say stock, I assume that means unrooted, so I don't think you can change your wifi scan time. It requires a root app to browse to and modify a system file, or there are apps that will change it for you but all require root access.

For battery percent, there are a few different ones but none that I like. I am rooted so have a custom icon that shows battery percentage. There are widgets you can add, as well as apps that will display a constant notification of battery.

OP
M

musclemilk

Reaction score
No wifi damn.

I will look for a widget for batery %

Sent from my DROIDX

jonathon1289

Reaction score
No wifi damn.

I will look for a widget for batery %

Sent from my DROIDX

One option then, depending on what you use your phone for, would be to disable 3g when at work. You can still do texts and calls, just data will be affected. That would keep your phone from constantly switching back and forth in a low signal area.

OP
M

musclemilk

Reaction score
Dumb quest lol
Where can I. Disable 3g

Sent from my DROIDX

jonathon1289

Reaction score
You can do two separate things to turn 3g off and/or control it.

Settings>Data Manager>Data Delivery> and then Uncheck the Data Enabled box

OR

Setting>Battery Mode>Custom Battery Saver>and then set data timer to 15 minutes for both peak and off-peak hours.

The second choice is the best as the first choice wont allow you to use ANY app that requires a 3g connection, ie: the market, browser, gmail

There are also a few widgets that allow you to disable 3g data. I use SwitchPro widget personally.

OP
M

musclemilk

Reaction score
I'll try an. App.

For now did peak and off peak... 15min.

And when I get home I have to remember tochange it

Sent from my DROIDX

LT*

Reaction score
How do I change scan to minutes?

I am stock and want to know battery %.. What app do i download?

Also I am in a dead spot at work so it jumps to 1g to 3g... That probably doesn't help.

Sent from my DROIDX

When you notice more battery drain than usual, go to battery stats and click on Cell Standby. If you notice any % of time without a signal, that will drain your battery like crazy. I've seen my wifes D2 with 50% of the time with no signal. She has a bad signal at work as well. The fix is to plug the phone in, switch to airplane mode wait about a minute and switch airplane mode off and unplug. You can also just switch to airplane mode for the minute and then let it charge if you need to.

OP
M

musclemilk

Reaction score
You can do two separate things to turn 3g off and/or control it.

Settings>Data Manager>Data Delivery> and then Uncheck the Data Enabled box

OR

Setting>Battery Mode>Custom Battery Saver>and then set data timer to 15 minutes for both peak and off-peak hours.

The second choice is the best as the first choice wont allow you to use ANY app that requires a 3g connection, ie: the market, browser, gmail

There are also a few widgets that allow you to disable 3g data. I use SwitchPro widget personally.

I think a widget. Will easier so when. I get. Home I can just click back 3g

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
M

musclemilk

Reaction score
SwitchPro doesn't let me shut. Off 3g.... It brings me to roaming cdma option in settings of the phone.

Anyone help?

Sent from my DROIDX

Sent from my DROIDX