Stock 2.3.3 battery drain

OP
M

musclemilk

Reaction score
Damn 30 hours.

Is there a anything else i can do? I mirrored all your other tricks ....here is what is being used,

Phone idle 32
Cell standby 24
Voice call 21
Display 12
Android os 5
Wifi 4
Gmail 2

Sent from my DROIDX

Sent from my DROIDX

jonathon1289

Reaction score
Sleep mode or airplane mode at night if possible will save battery. I occasionally use airplane mode because I use my phone as an alarm clock. Beyond that, it seems like we have covered everything.
My phone is currently at 23 hours unplugged, screen on 2 hours, and 70% left

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

GeneralZod

Reaction score
A Factory Reset just resolved my friend's battery drain issues as well as the issue of random reboots.

For what it's worth, running the battery down to zero had no impact.

msscull

Reaction score
I was having some problems after the OTA update. Phone was slower to respond, hit an app & it took several seconds before the app responded. Try to dial a number and it took several seconds before the phone responded. Hit the end call button & it would hang up after several seconds.

I did a factory reset, including wiping the SD card (I copied the files I wanted onto my laptop). After the reset, I re installed all my apps & the phone works great.

Battery life is very good. I ran the battery down until the phone shut off a couple of times.

GB is working great for me & my Droid X.

Downloaded the Netflix app from the Market.

OP
M

musclemilk

Reaction score
So far im getting 15 hours until it at 5%

Sent from my DROIDX

jonathon1289

Reaction score
Not to rub it in... But I am currently at 1 day, 21 hours unplugged, screen on time of just over 4.5hours. And still 20% battery.

Everyone's experience will differ, but it all depends on if you correctly calibrated the battery and how u use the phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
M

musclemilk

Reaction score
Ugh bad day with battery lol

I want a new phone .4g lol

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
M

musclemilk

Reaction score
Does checking "data saver"help?

Should I uninstall task killer.?

Sent from my DROIDX

Pmoser

Reaction score
Task killers and anti viruses are a no no

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Pmoser

Reaction score
Task killers kill apps. So people think thud I'd good wrong. The next time you.open that app it will take a lot more power. If you let it run Android is well built and will handle the multitasking well.

Not sure on the anti virus but I think it has to do with constantly scanning which kills power

Reaction score
Task killers kill apps. So people think thud I'd good wrong. The next time you.open that app it will take a lot more power. If you let it run Android is well built and will handle the multitasking well.

Not sure on the anti virus but I think it has to do with constantly scanning which kills power

I use lookout for an anti virus and also use a task killer the only time I use the task killer is when I turn my phone back on because it pops up in my top corner of my phone,,but I'm sure its always running and as for anti virus I use lookout so I'm,sure your rite its up in the top corner of my phone to so are u saying I'd get alot better battery life without both of them but what about viruses and stuff from Dow.loading non market apps and stuff