Stock 2.3.3 battery drain

musclemilk

Reaction score
Ever since gingerbread my battery is barely lasting half of what it did on froyyo.

Anyone else have this and know how to fix?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Pmoser

Reaction score
Go to settings about phone battery. Then life battery usuage I think and post the whole chart so we can narrow it down

Sent from my rooted Droid Increidble

OP
M

musclemilk

Reaction score
Voice call 71%
Display 23%
Wifi 3%
Standby 2%

Pre GB I went 10 hours without a charge.

Pmoser

Reaction score
How long were your calls

Sent from my rooted Droid Increidble

PetRiLJoe

Reaction score
With a new ROM comes a whole slew of things to discuss that could have been changed that affect battery life. And I'm talking Gingerbread to Gingerbread ROM swapping, Froyo to Gingerbread as you have is a big difference to compare.

Without being too redundant, I'd like to point out that there are LOTS of battery/performance tweaks available on this forum for Froyo and Gingerbread. I suggest looking under the sub section for the type of phone you have for tweaks, or the specific ROM you're using at this point in time. Gingerbread is newer than Froyo and with anything new comes new potential bugs to squash. Give it time it will work out in future updated ROMs.

Whether you can see all the little differences visually or you can't see the code, Gingerbread was a major overhaul to Froyo in some ways. Some of those ways don't affect me because I don't use those things. Not every ROM is right for every phone, feel free to keep using Froyo until Gingerbread is PERFECT.. but I guarantee they will have seventeen more icecreams or whatever childish nickname is given to the next version of Android before Gingerbread is perfected.

OP
M

musclemilk

Reaction score
Not long ...durring the day at work I don't talk on the phone and it stills drains

OP
M

musclemilk

Reaction score
Called tech support and they said do a factory reset .

Just did lets see if it helps

jonathon1289

Reaction score
Let your phone completely charge to 100%, and leave it charging for about 30 minutes once it hits 100%. Unplug the phone and run it until it dies!! Let the phone shut itself off. While the phone remains off, full charge it back to 100%. Perform this process twice without charging at all in between the full charge and discharge.

This is part of calibrating the battery, and it does help. I am getting about 36 hours or so out of my battery which moderate use and wifi/gps/auto sync always on.

OP
M

musclemilk

Reaction score
Cool.thanks

Another huge problem with gingerbread is dropped calls and freezing up

Reaction score
Any one with battery issues,I'm on liberty gingerbread v08 and had Barrett problems,,ho to the market and down load a battery calibration app and do what it says and use it I did and my battery is doing way better my phone has been unplugged since two thirty in the afternoon and its eight pm now and I just dropped to eighty percent on my Droid x a little bit ago,when u flash a new rom your old battery stats are still in your phone you need to recalibrate to your new rom do it it works,,,,

PARick

Reaction score
Let your phone completely charge to 100%, and leave it charging for about 30 minutes once it hits 100%. Unplug the phone and run it until it dies!! Let the phone shut itself off. While the phone remains off, full charge it back to 100%. Perform this process twice without charging at all in between the full charge and discharge.

This is part of calibrating the battery, and it does help. I am getting about 36 hours or so out of my battery which moderate use and wifi/gps/auto sync always on.

Is that a typo? Seriously? 36 hours? Wow! I don't think I could get 36 hours in standby!

jonathon1289

Reaction score

Is that a typo? Seriously? 36 hours? Wow! I don't think I could get 36 hours in standby!

Nope, no typo (except for which instead of with). I will admit it is not always 36 hours, but when I am using my DX as a phone and not as a gaming center, 36 hours is nothing.

If I text/email/voice call and stream a bit of music or browse the web, I can easily hit 36 hours. If I start playing games (pocket empires, plants vs zombies) then that time runs down to 24 hours or so (with a display on time of 5+ hours usually).

OP
M

musclemilk

Reaction score
Well today it lasted 6 hours!

Battery mode was on.nighttime save r.

I am at a loss.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

jonathon1289

Reaction score
Change from Nighttime saver to another mode, or create a custom mode. I have heard reports of people experiencing issues while using night time mode.

From the posts, it seems you have already performed a factory reset, and have calibrated the battery by discharging and then fully charging while the phone is off?

What do your battery stats look like now?Voice calls still the top? Are any applications showing in the list?

Do you have a weak phone signal? Or connected using wifi? GPS always running?