Stock 2.2.1

thepolishguy

Reaction score
I read it before I posted actually. I did notice that some things are out of date. For instance you reference rsdlite 4.6. I am using 4.9 right now. So I wasn't sure if the guide was still up to date.

4.9 might not work with the D1. 4.6 does but doesn't like Windows Vista (who does, really?) or Windows 7 all the time. YMMV. As such it's not "out of date", especially since it's the only method that works to root FRG83D.

Besides that- for some one with my skill sets -it would be easier to

1. sbf
2. install z4root.
3. dl rom manager.
4. flash clockwork recovery (it is the recovery I have got used to with the x and we are creatures of habit).
5. be done.

Nope.

I really do appreciate all the help. sorry for all the questions. It's just with the DX you have to be very careful. so i guess that is carrying over with me.

Hate ROM Manager. On the D1 causes more problems, more lost recoveries, more corrupted backups than any other issue I've worked on. Hate it with a burning passion. But that's personal choice, I guess. :)

And no, you're not done.

Hmm. Well, I don't actually use rom manager to do my backups and instalations. I use clockwork recovery. Unless that's what you meant?

I am not done? Perhaps I need to re-read your tutorial. What else is there? Of course if the answer is 2 pages long -then no worries.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would follow the root procedure in my signature to be safe.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I say nope because without running the script included in the update.zip Moto provided you'll have your bootloader replacing your recovery image every time you reboot the phone. So, I have some in-phone instructions to fix it in recovery so your bootloader behaves, using Astro file manager, ROM Manager, and the update.zip Moto made.