Stock 2.1 w/ root?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by budmonster, May 15, 2010.

1. budmonster

budmonster Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I was wondering what the best stock 2.1 rom w/ root is out there? I know Pete put something out. Is there anything else? I really don't want to root, but I want to overclock, so if I must root, id like to keep it stock as possible.

2. metiCkOne

metiCkOne Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Portland, OR/Boston, MA <-- Born N' Raised
    Ratings:
    +0
    you have to root to overclock, so what you should do is root your phone and apply your kernel of choice. I like Chevyn01 for my stock OC kernels. So basically you can use your own rom, stock.

3. budmonster

budmonster Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    i know that you need root access to OC. I'm wondering if there is any 2.1 stock roms that are rooted, like Petes. I got a replacement phone which has 2.1 already on it. So I have to root it again. I just didn't know if there was a better version than Petes.

4. jstafford1

jstafford1 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +213
    Petes is completely stock with root. Although has his name in the "about phone" section. File #5 of my sig is totally stock with root.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

5. metiCkOne

Ratings:
    +0
    In my opinion, rooting 2.1 yourself is the safest bet. I like to know exactly what is done to a rom before I load it up. If you would like to dabble with some cool features down the road, almost all of the available roms have stock theme options. I am using Koush's Cyanogenmod 5.0.7test1 and it is the best rom I've every used. You can tweak it to look and move like stock would too! I like Pete's BBV1 as well, but I did have a lot of FC's and lagging on it.

6. budmonster

budmonster Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm currently on stock 2.1 since they sent me a new droid. What's the safest/best way to root 2.1? I just want remanin w/ stock 2.1, but just have root access and su permission. I just want the min so I can thme it myself.

7. metiCkOne

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not sure if you're still looking, but here are some stock roms. The first link is completely stock, just rooted with busybox. The second link is rooted with busybox and is deodexed, which means you can customize it more. To overclock either of these roms you're just going to need to get an OC kernel from one of the devs. I like Chevyn01 myself. Just make sure the dev says if its compatible with stock ESE81 before you load one.

Stock ESE81 Root & busybox...
    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Stock ESE81 Root, busybox & deodexed
    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

and the instructions are here..
    1. Unzip the file and place it in the nandroid folder at the root of your sdcard
    2. backup/restore
    3. advanced nandroid restore
    4. choose backup
    5. uncheck "data" (only BOOT and System should be slected)
    6. Perform restore

let me know if this works for you.

Search tags for this page

how-to root your stock 2.1 droid