1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Stock 2.1, dont know where to start

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by thatisandwas, Apr 5, 2010.

1. thatisandwas

thatisandwas New Member

I have a droid with stock 2.1 that i updated to myself. I would like to goto a rooted 2.1 cooked rom.

I read a guide here How to Root Your Motorola Droid Running 2.1 that explains how to root a stock 2.1 install. This is fine and all, but how would i go about installing a customer recovery file after that?

Shoud i just use the SBF to download to 2.0.1, then root, then install a customer recovery image, then a custom 2.1 rom? Is there a detailed guide explaining how to get from stock 2.1 to a rooted cooked 2.1 rom with custom recovery?

Thanks guys.
  2. INSANENEIVIESIS

INSANENEIVIESIS Beta Team Developer

there is not root for 2.1 you must flash back to the 2.0.1 sbf. then root, and install a rom.

here you go http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-help/24707-unroot-unbrick-your-phone-using-sbf.html good luck