1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Stock 2.0.1 with AdamZ's newest kernel, one word....

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by M Diddy, Feb 21, 2010.

1. M Diddy

M Diddy New Member

WOW!

Last night I pushed over AdamZ's 2.6.32 kernel, installed SetCPU (running at 800 Mhz), and the Droid FLIES now! No FC's, wireless works fine. The phone is a beast now!

This thing is seriously fast. Big props to Adam and his work. Keep it coming!
  2. jasonb

jasonb New Member

right on. i flashed AdamZ kernel on top of Pete's Bugless Beast ver7.5 about a week ago and immediately loved the results. the phone turned into a beast. after running it smoothly for a few days i decided since i liked his kernel so much, why not try the whole rom. so i loaded up Smoked Glass v4.5 and have been loving it ever since.

way to go Adam!
  3. bishop7262

bishop7262 New Member

I am new to all this. Currently running BB 7.5 Where is Adam's Kernel and how would I install it?
  4. jasonb

jasonb New Member

5. bishop7262

bishop7262 New Member

Sorry, but can you explain to me what the difference between a kernel and rom? If I install this with BB 7.5 it will still keep that ROM?

thank you
  6. jasonb

jasonb New Member

the kernel and rom are independant of each other. the kernal is pretty much the heart of the whole system. the rom is just the pretty stuff on top.

if you install AdamZ kernel, you can still keep Pete's BB 7.5 and everything will look the same. i installed AdamZ kernel with BB7.5 so i could monitor the CPU temps, that was my main reason for doing it.

the newer Bugless Beast roms are now using AdamZ kernel. so if you update to 1.0 it'll contain AdamZ kernel.

my personal recommendation is to switch out to AdamZ Smoked Glass v4.5 rom. i went from BB7.5 w/Adamz Kernel to AdamZ Smoked Glass v4.5 and i am liking 4.5 a lot better. it's super fast and silky smooth. not a single force close, and haven't noticed a single bug yet.
  7. bishop7262

bishop7262 New Member

I have been having some issues with BB as of late. Now if I were to switch over to Adamz Rom I need to follow the directions and just do a nandroid backup right? The only Rom I have ever used is Pete's.
  8. NoKz

NoKz New Member

I was running BB 0.7.6 with ChevyNo1's 1.25 kernel and it worked fine for a little bit, then lagged at times. I went back to my 1.2 kernel and now it's blazing fast. I think I'm gonna stick with this for a while.
  9. jasonb

jasonb New Member

yea, download the nandroid file from alldroid, extract it, stick it in the nandroid folder on the root of your SD card, reboot into recovery, do a quick backup of what you already have (just in case you want or need to go back to it), then do a restore of AdamZ rom. select only system, recovery, and boot when you do the restore.

this will keep all of your installed apps, all your data, and all of your settings. this was also my first time doing things the nandroid backup way, i always did update.zip's. it's really pretty easy though. just follow the direction exactly how they are on adamz alldroid page and you'll be good to go.

AllDroid - View topic - [ROM] Smoked Glass v4.5 - Custom Boot.img *Updated 2/19*
  10. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
  11. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

OK I'm confused.

Last Sunday, I used the instructions posted by Matth3W to root my phone and installed Bugless Beast 0.7.5. Matt's instructions worked well. Prior to rooting etc, I opened the BB page on Alldroid.org and read Pete's post. Unfortunately, that particular page is no longer available but I'm positive that the post said that 0.7.5 included Smoked Glass.

After installing BB, using SetCPU, I've been able to OC to 1000MHz.

While I do not understand the nuts and bolts issues of the kernel and rom, I have sufficient understand of what they provide.

I've noted that this week, Pete has posted newer releases of BB.

So, here is my question.
    Does 0.7.5 already include Smoked Glass?
    If I follow Matt's instructions (steps 34 through 42) to install Pete's latest will that accomplish the same as using the nandroid process posted above?

Thanks in advance for the clarification.

Mike
  12. jasonb

jasonb New Member

when pete's roms say they include smoked glass, that is just the theme. smoked glass is the blacked out/trasparent theme. pete's version looks a bit different than AdamZ version. from what i understand, pete took the smoked glass theme and just changed things to make it less flashy. pete's has a lot less blue in it. adam seems to be obsessed with blue. i don't mind it at all though, i like the blue.

both roms contain mostly the same features, but im my experience adams v4.5 runs smoother and faster than pete's v7.5.
  13. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Thanks for the clarification. From reading, I thought that Smoked Glass shift stock to black ( notification bar, number keys on the phone, etc.) which changed after installing 0.7.5.

Mike
  14. jrod2183

jrod2183 New Member

If I don't really care about monitoring temps, is there a reason to bother switching from 4.1 to 4.5? haha I like the blue clock alot so don't want to switch if its just for the temp monitor
  15. Krish

Krish New Member

keeps sending my phone into a bootloop ugh whats wrong with my droid.
  16. jasonb

jasonb New Member

you can keep 4.1 and still use the new kernel if you want to see the cpu temps.
Search tags for this page

adamz instructions @ alldroid.

adamz stock kernel

danlood barnume htc ha ha