94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yeah.. Back when bar phones were odd phones.. And flip phones or clamshells were the it thing..

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
The hottest flip phone ever was so popular because of how small it was....

B0016JDBYG-moto-v3-black.jpg

I was never one of the cool kids with a RAZR...

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
I remember I had the first Razr.... people would ask to "touch" it and I wouldn't let most, Hot chicks of course but nobody else. :p

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
LOL Cap'n!
I loved my dark blue Razr. The blue glow of the backlit keyboard....ahhh, those were the days! I held off as long as I could purchasing an actual "smartphone". I kept telling myself, "why would I need a smartphone? This device does absolutely everything I need it to do, plus it has an awesome camera!" Little did I know! Wish I would held onto it for prosperity purposes.

S5 tap'n

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I didn't get a CELL phone for the longest time because I wanted one that would let me put addresses in it. Wanted to get rid of my phonebook.
I did get that very first BB pager from work, though. :D

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
LOL Cap'n!
I loved my dark blue Razr. The blue glow of the backlit keyboard....ahhh, those were the days!

S5 tap'n
I had a ruby red colored one but since it was a CDMA device on Sprint, there wasn't a hell of a lot I could do with it when I moved to AT&T for the Atrix. It was an exceptional phone for it's time but that time is long gone now. :). :)

Sent from my One+One, using Magic and version 2.4.15 TapaTalk

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Just remember, Motorola is the company that went straight from the success off the RAZR, the best-selling cell phone of all time, to the awesomeness of the Droid, to near-bankruptcy thanks to the Droid 2 And Droid X.

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I had a droid x and liked it.. Lol.. I must've missed something.. The x2 was a very small step up.. Dual core... But they wouldn't operate at the same time... Lol..

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
I think 90% of the problems people had with the phone was a combination of just how horrible MotoBloat was coupled with the suddenly-locked bootloader. Crap software and no way to fix it... Bankruptcy isn't far away.

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Ah.. You mean blur.. Lol.. Yeah it was a pita back then.. But the locked bootloader has been ever present, since...

It's getting bad out there.. Things are getting locked down like fort Knox..

Google already got everything good they could out of moto.. No telling what Lenovo intends to do with the company.. Could very well be a sinking ship..

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
My mom used her Razr from I wanna say 2005 or 2006 until just last year when it was literally falling apart and wouldn't hold a charge for more than an hour.

I'm about to get a Droid Turbo because my 1 1/2 year old Note 3 from Oct 2013 is starting to crap out....and I'm due for an upgrade.

I'm pretty sure there's a conspiracy where new smart phones are built to deteriorate close to the time your upgrade is available. Hm...

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
It's getting bad out there.. Things are getting locked down like fort Knox..
I think it's because the majority of us are on Verizon or AT&T, so most folks don't realize this, but developers are able to unlock the bootloader on most Sprint or T-Mobile devices. It's been quite some time since I've read about a bootloader being permanently locked down on any Android device from these two carriers.

I'm pretty sure there's a conspiracy where new smart phones are built to deteriorate close to the time your upgrade is available. Hm...
You're not imagining it. It's called "planned obsolescence", and unfortunately it seems to be getting worse on smartphones.
I for one happen to think Samsung had this in mind when releasing their latest flagship sans ext sd card & removable battery. People are (or, are trying to at least) keep their smartphones longer, so manufacturers had to find a way to keep people buying their products on a regular basis.

S5 tap'n

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
My mom used her Razr from I wanna say 2005 or 2006 until just last year when it was literally falling apart and wouldn't hold a charge for more than an hour.

I'm about to get a Droid Turbo because my 1 1/2 year old Note 3 from Oct 2013 is starting to crap out....and I'm due for an upgrade.

Yeah.. I wouldn't doubt that they're building devices to fail at intervals(absolescence) .. But i still have 2 g1 razr maxx's that work well.. But now they're experiencing battery swell...

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Planned obsolescence has been around since the 30's. The big auto manufacturers needed a way to sell new cars that were (sound familiar yet?) only slightly different than the ones they were replacing. It's a thing, and France has even passed laws to make it very clear how long things are designed to last and how long manufacturers are going to make parts for them after they discontinue production of the unit in question.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Yeah.. Back when bar phones were odd phones.. And flip phones or clamshells were the it thing..

These phones never went out of style in the majority of the world. They are everywhere.