Still wondering about 2.1? They are working on it.....

johall07

Reaction score
so basically this guy is a nerd that sits on moto forums all day and just puts NO INFORMATION in his own words to try and give us some "insider insight' not talking to OP but **** YOU

No need to belittle the poster.... What good does that do?

hopefully it teaches him that posting bs to make people that only barely heard of the update happy isnt cool and should gtfo

edit: you know im talking to the motorola person cause he is the one that said it im not tlaking to the OP he just copied pasted

edit2: also to tell you the truth i use custom roms and even when 2.1 comes out i think i will still use them because they get 1,000,000 times more dev feedback then moto verizon and google combined, i'm angry i had to pay these **** suckers instead of the people that make **** happen

Last edited:

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes and I've said this a few times. They may be having issues with the Nexus and have to get those fixed first. It only makes sense since it's the latest phone.

Don't forget we got 2.0 and then 2.01 before anyone got 2.0. The Nexus is getting the same treatment.

Besides, I have most of the apps installed using APK's. All I need is the multi touch browser (dont tell me to use xscope or dolphin - they suck) and the 5 screen launcher which is too buggy in the APK. Oh I'd also like the animated wallpapers.

cabotcat

Reaction score
so basically this guy is a nerd that sits on moto forums all day and just puts NO INFORMATION in his own words to try and give us some "insider insight' not talking to OP but **** YOU

Freakin bravo! Just what this board needs; people to actually state fact, not rehashed supposition and conjecture.

cabotcat

Reaction score

No need to belittle the poster.... What good does that do?

hopefully it teaches him that posting bs to make people that only barely heard of the update happy isnt cool and should gtfo

edit: you know im talking to the motorola person cause he is the one that said it im not tlaking to the OP he just copied pasted

edit2: also to tell you the truth i use custom roms and even when 2.1 comes out i think i will still use them because they get 1,000,000 times more dev feedback then moto verizon and google combined, i'm angry i had to pay these **** suckers instead of the people that make **** happen

Bravo again. Another poster stating fact and not succumbing to the political correctness that is prevalent on this forum.

DigiK

Reaction score
Given Google's recent peculiar backpedaling and denigration of Droid's hardware there's a possibility we could be seeing subtle implication of a dispute between Motorola and Google regarding state-side multitouch and other promised features that Google may be attempting to reserve for its fledgling Nexus One. There's going to be a lot of blow-back if Google has suddenly decided the Android platform is only open when it aligns with Google's business interests. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face...

LuN3yDaV3

Reaction score
This is just too funny! Droid owners are ready to riot and kill people they never met over a cell phone's software release. C'mon people take a step back, look around and see that the world is still moving as it has been without Andoid 2.1. Who cares how much someone knows about the release over the next person. In the end, it's just all fun and games.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Im amazed at the anger people have over not getting 2.1 because they spend "this" much on the phone and they are pissed.

Well when they BOUGHT the phone 2.1 wasn't even in the works. They bought it knowing what they got.

Spoiled brats.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Where has google denigrated the Droid.... show me.

Given Google's recent peculiar backpedaling and denigration of Droid's hardware there's a possibility we could be seeing subtle implication of a dispute between Motorola and Google regarding state-side multitouch and other promised features that Google may be attempting to reserve for its fledgling Nexus One. There's going to be a lot of blow-back if Google has suddenly decided the Android platform is only open when it aligns with Google's business interests. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face...

johall07

Reaction score
Im amazed at the anger people have over not getting 2.1 because they spend "this" much on the phone and they are pissed.

Well when they BOUGHT the phone 2.1 wasn't even in the works. They bought it knowing what they got.

Spoiled brats.

the update isn't even the issue its the fact that they talk about a new update coming soon and when soon comes "they “are no where to be found and we are stuck with some guy on a forum talking bs...but apparently paying for somethingand expecting services and info makes us spoiled brats......

FreddyChevy

Reaction score
Technically they never gave an exact date so "soon" can be whenever you interpret it to be.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
They never promised a date. They never promised exactly what we would get in 2.1 they just promised an upgrade.

Any logical thinking person who is following this knows the Nexus has had problems AND then Google decided to throw Multitouch in. This explains the delay in it's totality. They aren't messing with us it's just taking longer than anticipated and we are getting the bonus of multitouch.

Grow up. Seriously.

johall07

Reaction score
They never promised a date. They never promised exactly what we would get in 2.1 they just promised an upgrade.

Any logical thinking person who is following this knows the Nexus has had problems AND then Google decided to throw Multitouch in. This explains the delay in it's totality. They aren't messing with us it's just taking longer than anticipated and we are getting the bonus of multitouch.

Grow up. Seriously.

damn dude you still don't get it?

oh and the multi touch bonus that has been possible on the phone since released but it was left off because????

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Aren't at least some of you that are posting replies to this thread former Blackberry users? Come on, you have to know to understand patience if you were. Promises of software releases every frigging week and those dates would come and go all the time. Then "leaks" would come out and everyone would jump on those, all the while complaining that it messed up something else. Then, the hybrids came out over on CB, some of those were good, all the while waiting for a new release. In the year the original Storm came out, I believe there were two official releases, one the first month and then 5.0.233 in September. Not that Google will wait that many months between official releases, but be patient. I don't want them releasing an official 2.1 when it's chock full of bugs. In the meantime you can get the sholes 2.1, or root your own phone until they're ready to release it. Be patient and sing "kumbaya" in unison now.