Still wondering about 2.1? They are working on it.....

Discussion in 'Android Forum' started by cereal killer, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Shel

Shel Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Perhaps I could remind people that while the Droid is on OS 2.0.1, the majority of Android phones are way behind us! I believe only the Nexus One, at this time, is ahead of us as far as OS is concerned....

My wifes phone (a Behold II) is still on OS 1.5! She still has the OLD market, with the black background... along with NO Navigation, and other upgrades!

And... Samsung announced before the release of the Behold II that it would definitely get OS 2.1.

Of course, she isn't waiting on the edge of her seat for the update... I don't think she really even cares! She's happy with her phone, prefers it over her previous Blackberry, and that's pretty much it as far as she's concerned. As the post said... when her phone gets an update, she'll say "oh, that's nice"... and move along!

Me?

WHERE THE HELL IS OS 2.1????

2. davidtaylorjr

davidtaylorjr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm so used to having my iPhone that I knew when updates would come out, and they came out on time not over a month later..

3. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    This strike anyone else as interesting?
    Seems possibly to confirm that many of the Nexus 1's problems might be from the OS... I figured it would take Moto and VZW a while to implement the update(s) but this makes it sound like there's some serious issues Google needs to address.

4. johall07

johall07 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hopefully it teaches him that posting bs to make people that only barely heard of the update happy isnt cool and should gtfo

edit: you know im talking to the motorola person cause he is the one that said it im not tlaking to the OP he just copied pasted

edit2: also to tell you the truth i use custom roms and even when 2.1 comes out i think i will still use them because they get 1,000,000 times more dev feedback then moto verizon and google combined, i'm angry i had to pay these **** suckers instead of the people that make **** happen

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  5. SSHGuru

SSHGuru Silver Member

Ratings:
    +30
    Yes and I've said this a few times. They may be having issues with the Nexus and have to get those fixed first. It only makes sense since it's the latest phone.

Don't forget we got 2.0 and then 2.01 before anyone got 2.0. The Nexus is getting the same treatment.

Besides, I have most of the apps installed using APK's. All I need is the multi touch browser (dont tell me to use xscope or dolphin - they suck) and the 5 screen launcher which is too buggy in the APK. Oh I'd also like the animated wallpapers.

6. johall07

johall07 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    dumb sorry im hammered

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  7. cabotcat

cabotcat Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Freakin bravo! Just what this board needs; people to actually state fact, not rehashed supposition and conjecture.

8. cabotcat

cabotcat Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Bravo again. Another poster stating fact and not succumbing to the political correctness that is prevalent on this forum.

9. DigiK

DigiK Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Given Google's recent peculiar backpedaling and denigration of Droid's hardware there's a possibility we could be seeing subtle implication of a dispute between Motorola and Google regarding state-side multitouch and other promised features that Google may be attempting to reserve for its fledgling Nexus One. There's going to be a lot of blow-back if Google has suddenly decided the Android platform is only open when it aligns with Google's business interests. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face...

10. LuN3yDaV3

LuN3yDaV3 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is just too funny! Droid owners are ready to riot and kill people they never met over a cell phone's software release. C'mon people take a step back, look around and see that the world is still moving as it has been without Andoid 2.1. Who cares how much someone knows about the release over the next person. In the end, it's just all fun and games.

11. SSHGuru

SSHGuru Silver Member

Ratings:
    +30
    Im amazed at the anger people have over not getting 2.1 because they spend "this" much on the phone and they are pissed.

Well when they BOUGHT the phone 2.1 wasn't even in the works. They bought it knowing what they got.

Spoiled brats.

12. SSHGuru

SSHGuru Silver Member

Ratings:
    +30
    Where has google denigrated the Droid.... show me.

Search tags for this page
avaya droid app
avaya flare

avaya flare apk

avaya+flare apk

how to root flare 2.1 to samsung galaxy s4

root avaya flare