Still within 30, should i return?

rsarno

Reaction score
I have the Moto Droid right now. I was considering returning to get the Incredible, since the keyboard on the Moto doesnt really get used at all and i would love for the device to be lighter.

BUT now im reading its confirmed that 2 more Droids are coming in July? The one thing i HATE about VZW is the device speculation and anticipation game. But if its actually confirmed ... i wonder if i should just return right now, and wait for the new one?

Firstly, is it absolutely confirmed?? I cannot play the same game i did with Storm1 .. i actually need to know for sure its coming if im going to wait.

Also, by chance are any specs at all out? I cant imagine what they could be adding, but i guess it has to be better right?

EDIT, im on VZW and don't want to switch right now.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
By the time those phones come out there will be rumors of more phones. I mean do you have to have the best phone all the time? And what about cost, these phones aren't cheap. Get the Incredible and get it over with. You may have to wait though because of availability.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
There's always gonna be another phone right around the corner...

OP
R

rsarno

Reaction score
By the time those phones come out there will be rumors of more phones. I mean do you have to have the best phone all the time? And what about cost, these phones aren't cheap. Get the Incredible and get it over with. You may have to wait though because of availability.

Nah i dont always have to have the best .. but if a better one is confirmed within just another month or so, then id wait. Then again i dont know the specs, so i dont know what it is im waiting on lol.

I will try and return for incredible i think ... i've had my droid for 1 week so i guess i hope its in stock in 3 weeks :(

nyijedi

Reaction score
I'd personally wait it out. It sounds like they're definitely coming out soon, and the specs on them are a big jump over the Droid.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
personally id ride it out till your within a few days of the 30 day period and if there is nothing new out go trade up for the incredible.

Arkainzeye

Reaction score
if you wait for them phones to comes out, you will hear another rumor about another newer and greater phone coming out.. It NEVER stops.. you will never have the latest and greatest as next month someone will come out with something new..

you just have to like what you got and be happy with it...

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I would switch in a NY Minute...

FootballRef

Reaction score
Personally, I would keep the Moto Droid....I wouldn't want to pay the restocking fee. As others have said, there is always something better on the horizon.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Personally, I would keep the Moto Droid....I wouldn't want to pay the restocking fee. As others have said, there is always something better on the horizon.

Call Verizon on the phone and do the transaction via phone/FedEX. They can overnight the Incredible, if it's in stock, and when they mention the restocking fee tell them you don't think it's fair and you don't want to pay it. It has worked for others, it might work for you.

IMHO 35.00 is way too much to charge for a restocking fee if you send everything back to them. See if you can talk them out of it but don't try it at a store, I don't think that would fly there.

OP
R

rsarno

Reaction score

Call Verizon on the phone and do the transaction via phone/FedEX. They can overnight the Incredible, if it's in stock, and when they mention the restocking fee tell them you don't think it's fair and you don't want to pay it. It has worked for others, it might work for you.

IMHO 35.00 is way too much to charge for a restocking fee if you send everything back to them. See if you can talk them out of it but don't try it at a store, I don't think that would fly there.

Thats actually a great idea, thanks! Are the incredible's in stock straight from VZW? The guy at the store made it sound like they werent even available till mid june ...