Still waiting for one click root.....

chefb

Reaction score
How long until someone do a one click, androot or easyroot that we can get off the market, do you think it will really happen? I mean my cpu is shot so I got the x, its awesome. With changes coming to the service and hardware upgrades coming to the x
(xse-silver)I may need to root. So if anyone out there can see my words please help...

Daali

Reaction score
How long until someone do a one click, androot or easyroot that we can get off the market, do you think it will really happen? I mean my cpu is shot so I got the x, its awesome. With changes coming to the service and hardware upgrades coming to the x
(xse-silver)I may need to root. So if anyone out there can see my words please help...

Do yourself a favor and make it through this post:(Step 2 option A:)
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/re...08-multiple-phones-root-them-unroot-them.html

You can root all on the phone without issue.

leonozug

Reaction score
Well, If you want to root the Droid X in one click guess you'll HAVE to use a computer. Who doesn't have one of those??

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well, If you want to root the Droid X in one click guess you'll HAVE to use a computer. Who doesn't have one of those??

the link i provided u can get the files (thru mobile browser) and transfer them to ur sdcard and root with that.

ryan4h

Reaction score
I had this same question a few weeks back and Abe replied with the same post. His advice was golden - root process was very easy to follow.

alboboy10

Reaction score
Im thinking of doing it too I wanna know what to donwload to customize the phone after too though. I wanna usethe easiest least likely method to screw up the phone though. Basically idiot proof lol

shadowx582

Reaction score
I get the op request and hopefully an actually apk will come out soon to just root it with a click from the phone.

As of now you have to figure install adb and use the .bat file on your computer which isn't real hard but if you don't understand adb a bit I can see how this can get confusing. Thank god for the one available with the computer though... I grew tired of typing all the commands manually lol. But it's still be nice to have an apk to do it for those less savvy. Unfortunately, now that birdman has left the droidx scene this seems less likely so you may want to just breakdown and set up the .bat and adb.

Also, while the one click would be nice, I'd rather the devs work on roms and possibly even the bootloader(I know... very unlikely).

OP
C

chefb

Reaction score
Thanks for the link (abe)but wow !! Its seems WAY...WAY over my head.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
its honestly just following directions. the commands will change everything that needs to be changed. just extract the .zip, put all on your sdcard/download folder, and type the blue commands into a terminal emulator.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
its honestly just following directions. the commands will change everything that needs to be changed. just extract the .zip, put all on your sdcard/download folder, and type the blue commands into a terminal emulator.

Abe....I think it's over my head too. Just follow instructions is easy to say but you have to be good at that too. Some of us aren't that great at it.:eek:

I'm pretty happy with my D2 as is, I don't think I even want to root.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

Abe....I think it's over my head too. Just follow instructions is easy to say but you have to be good at that too. Some of us aren't that great at it.:eek:

I'm pretty happy with my D2 as is, I don't think I even want to root.

You know you want to hook. Don't hide it :)

Sent from my Droid