Still using your watch?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I think it's because no one new has bought one. LOL We need fresh blood.
They aren't hard to figure out, and those of us that have them already have them pretty figured out. Happy with the faces we have. Don't have any questions.

Good post, though. I was wondering why no one has posted any new faces in some time. Probably why. I admit I don't look for new ones very often anymore.

Fresh blood right here. Ha ha. Just picked up the Sony Smartwatch 3.

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Fresh blood right here. Ha ha. Just picked up the Sony Smartwatch 3.
Very cool. How do you like it so far? I haven't seen one in person, but looks nice online.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Bit, just like your phone, isn't it nice to have the option of not charging daily?

Like my phone? What is this mythical beast you speak of? :eek:
They haven't made a phone yet that I wouldn't have to charge daily.

48 hour battery life, my butt....

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks

I could probably go a day and a half without charging my phone's battery, but I always charge it up each night. I've done so since the days of the G1, so it's not an issue to me. I agree completely with your comments about the watch. I'm already charging the phone nightly and the watch is even easier to get onto the charger since there's no cursed Micro USB to fiddle with putting in the right way.

As for the topic of the OP, I also agree with everything others have already said. I'm still wearing mine every day and enjoying it. Like others, I haven't shopped for faces lately. I've found one that I'm quite content with at the moment. When I tire of it, I'll probably switch back to another one that I know I like. Definitely a "need some new blood" situation, or another major update to functionality.

Glad to see that @bsweetness finally drank the Kool-Aid!

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Attached: see my nightstand.
Note: don't judge me by the night stand that I've had for a very long time. Yea, it's beat to snot.

I think it would just seem a little weird to me to put my watch next to its cradle?!?
:D :D

Attachments

• Nightstand.jpg
    Nightstand.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 154

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I thought that was your phone at first until I saw a watch band attached!
You might want to lay a towel down....that nightstand....Just sayin. Bwahahaha! JK!

S5 tap'n

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Very cool. How do you like it so far? I haven't seen one in person, but looks nice online.

I'm loving it so far. It has all of the features I was looking for (something that no other Android Wear device to date does).

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm loving it so far. It has all of the features I was looking for (something that no other Android Wear device to date does).
What were you looking for that others don't have? I think it was BB (maybe a corporate phone store?) I saw one at and it looked like.....a nice watch and all they had was a dummy so I couldn't play with it.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Been unplugged since 6am , have a little over an hour of screen time so far today. My watch has cut my screen time usage literally in half from what it used to be
e1ef85142ac5342e37b294b8fad8a647.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1429035980374.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1429035980374.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 162

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
What were you looking for that others don't have?

I detailed several of the reasons in this thread, but the big one is the transflective display. No other Android Wear device to date has the feature combination that this one has - transflective display, on-board GPS, WiFi and NFC (for future updates), and long battery life (due to the larger battery and transflective display). It's the easily the best all around for me.

I think it was BB (maybe a corporate phone store?) I saw one at and it looked like.....a nice watch and all they had was a dummy so I couldn't play with it.

You most likely saw it in a corporate Verizon store. Best Buy doesn't carry it. Corporate Verizon stores are the only place I've seen for sale in person.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
All Best Buys in Cleveland carry them...

Interesting. It's not available on their website, and when I called to ask about it (I wanted to use some Reward Zone certificates), they told me Best Buy doesn't carry it at all. Some stores still have stock of the Smartwatch 2 hanging around, but according to Best Buy, they don't carry it or stock it.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I detailed several of the reasons in this thread, but the big one is the transflective display. No other Android Wear device to date has the feature combination that this one has - transflective display, on-board GPS, WiFi and NFC (for future updates), and long battery life (due to the larger battery and transflective display). It's the easily the best all around for me.

You most likely saw it in a corporate Verizon store. Best Buy doesn't carry it. Corporate Verizon stores are the only place I've seen for sale in person.
I saw that thread, thanks a bunch.
True that, there are corporate stores for every carrier within a mile of each other near where I work,I visited them all looking for a Neo.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Interesting. It's not available on their website, and when I called to ask about it (I wanted to use some Reward Zone certificates), they told me Best Buy doesn't carry it at all. Some stores still have stock of the Smartwatch 2 hanging around, but according to Best Buy, they don't carry it or stock it.

Scratch that, I was thinking about the 360 because I had just read the post where it's on sale. The 360 is at BB not the Sony. My bad.

I root for Sony in this area, since they were really the first to market with that very first Sony Smartwatch. Before Sammy. Before Moto. While they were still planning announcements, Sony quietly released that first one:

SmartWatch Specifications - Sony Smartphones United States

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Scratch that, I was thinking about the 360 because I had just read the post where it's on sale. The 360 is at BB not the Sony. My bad.

I root for Sony in this area, since they were really the first to market with that very first Sony Smartwatch. Before Sammy. Before Moto. While they were still planning announcements, Sony quietly released that first one:

SmartWatch Specifications - Sony Smartphones United States

Actually, Moto was ahead of the curve first with the MotoACTV in late 2011. It was more fitness-centric, but it included many of the smartwatch features that make up Android Wear today. I've owned one since shortly after launch and have absolutely loved it. Sony's first Smartwatch didn't drop until several months later in the spring of 2012.

That said, they both played big roles in paving the way for where we are today with wearable tech.