Still under 30 days - Does your phone freeze when getting a call?

diddlydudette

Reaction score
I don't know if this is normal but sometimes my phone freezes when I get a call and I have to lock/unlock phone and call the person back because it freezes. It's not all the time but enough to be a nuisance.

Also when I go on the internet and pinch out, it goes from big to small to big to small and I can't get it to stop when I have the size I want. Again I have to lock/unlock to manipulate. I tried the double touch and it works a little better. Again is this normal and doesn't work perfectly?

I even called Verizon to let them know and they didn't know how to help me. They seemed to think I had no issue and how the Incredible is a good phone. Maybe since this is my first smartphone, I'm not aware how it doesn't work perfectly and I need to expect some issues here and there.

I took it to the Verizon store and they took a look at it and of course things work good while I'm there and then I walk out and have issues again. They seemed to think my phone is normal and in good working order.

I'm just locking and unlocking to get things to work as I think they should. Anyone else?

I just hate to return the phone for a new one (even if they will allow me since they think it's working fine) and then find out the new one has the same issues. What's are some normal issues I should expect?

RUSHgsxr

Reaction score
I've had my incredible for over a month and had none of those issues. never had it freeze up on me once, and on the internet and pinch zoom works amazing. I can understand your frustration, when ya spend money on something you want it to work right. Those things shouldn't be happening on a brand new phone.

OP
D

diddlydudette

Reaction score
Thanks Rush. I'll go by and get a new phone. When I took it to Verizon they looked at me like I should expect some issues and they told me not any phone is perfect so I was unsure if these freezing episodes were normal.

ETA: After doing more research, I wonder if the freezing could be due from a app. that I downloaded.

OP
D

diddlydudette

Reaction score
Yay, they actually gave me a new phone.

After they did a battery pull (which I told them I had already done a couple of times) they reset the phone and reloaded my e-mail accts, etc.

They say sometimes a phone will get viruses just like a computer does. This is what they thought might have happened. They also suggested that if you download a virus program, not to download the program that looks like a little round bug....not sure which they were talking about.

They were going to give the phone back to me thinking my freezing issues were fixed. I was leery that freezing issues were actually fixed but they said they'd notate in my record what they've done in case it still acts up. Then they give me a new phone.

Well I told the girl to just go online and go to a few sites and play around for a bit and see how it does. Yay me, it froze up on her. I finally got someone to see how it freezes. Now I have a nice new fresh phone.

I hope I have better luck with this one because I so want to like it.

RUSHgsxr

Reaction score
Good deal for ya man hope this one works out better for you.

Sent from my ADR6300