Still stuggling. Anyone else mistakenly hitting mute?

lilybelle

Reaction score
I did this 2x today - It must have been my earrings - but it was extremely annoying. The woman I was speaking to said it souunded like I hung up on her, but i could hear her just fine. She hung up while I was searching for a button (while driving.)

I hope I get the hang of this soon.

I'm also having trouble answering calls. Is there a trick? You have to hold the phone just so, and swipe the unlock with just the right pressure. Is there a trick?

Also dropping calls - even more than with my old envy phone. I live in an area with awful verizon coverage, but sticking with them because it's the best everywhere else. Just can't use it anywhere near home.:(

Trying not to get frustrated, but things are not coming easily for me. Would love to learn the tricks

ConqSoft

Reaction score
The screen should be off when you're talking because of the proximity sensor, but long hair and earrings can throw it off causing the screen to be active, and causing buttons to accidentally get pressed.

skourg3

Reaction score
It's funny, I hit mute with my face all the time on iPhones, but I've never once hit a button accidentally during a call with my Droid. Make sure you're covering the sensor that is supposed to detect if your face is there (I think it's near the LED). As to coverage, I don't have any more/fewer problems with calls being dropped than I have any other Verizon phones. As to answering calls, as long as you're touching the right place when you swipe you should be fine. Erring on the side of applying more pressure gives me better luck than too light of a touch. Granted, I'm a guy with long and skinny fingers, but I can use the phone 1 handed for calls and texts (in portrait) without much trouble, I don't find it to be picky at all about holding it a certain way or swiping too hard. Note that it's pretty durable, and you can press harder on the screen than you might think without trouble.

JayMonster

Reaction score
If you are in a weak signal area, ensure you dial *228 (and select option 2) monthly to stay up to date with the latest PRL data which often helps.

OP
L

lilybelle

Reaction score
Still struggling with this. Is it really only me? I must mute this phone during calls at least 3-4x a week. Then I have to hang up, which is sometimes a bit tricky. I've trained myself to hold the phone a bit away from my face when talking, but I occasionally still seem to do it. Argh.

JCo352

Reaction score
Still struggling with this. Is it really only me? I must mute this phone during calls at least 3-4x a week. Then I have to hang up, which is sometimes a bit tricky. I've trained myself to hold the phone a bit away from my face when talking, but I occasionally still seem to do it. Argh.

The prox. sensor is on the top left side of the phone this should make the screen go black when you are in-call. If this is not happening it means you either have a bad prox. sensor, or i have heard that hair can mess with the sensor. do a test on it call your voicemail and put your finger at the top left of the phone, if the screen goes black then your prox. sensor is working. If this is the case then try making sure there is no hair between your phone and your ear.

gatewayad

Reaction score
Do it all the time (long hair i've heard), when you know you have put them on mute (you can usually hear that thump) take the phone away from your face and hit the back button it will take you right back to the call