still stock

Project37

Reaction score
I had originally gone to Droid Mod when the official 2.1 update was taking forever to arrive. Loved having the pinch-zoom browser and Picasa-friendly gallery. It was fun messing around with live wallpapers, changing fonts and colors, etc. I liked little tweaks like not having the Corporate Calendar icon and YouTube using HQ as default. And of course, the tethering (cool, but I admittedly didn't have a lot of use for it). But the battery life sucked, even with SetCPU. Eventually 2.1 was officially released, and being bored (no other reason, really), I went back to stock and got the OTA update. The phone works so much better now, and I can overlook the minor things like apps I don't use or having to toggle YouTube to HQ. I don't really notice a significant speed difference. The most important part is that I can get through a whole day on one charge.

I've got Launcher Pro (love it), and after having 5 screens for a while, got turned onto the idea about using folders to group common apps together based on my usage, and brought it back down to 3. Much cleaner and even simpler to use.

I get a little tempted reading about people rooting for Froyo, but then I also read about the snags and headaches along the way and realize that I'm just not that bored. There's nothing there that I can't wait for. This is still a really powerful phone as it is, so I'm happy to wait for an official update if and whenever it arrives.

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
I am still stock...but kinda considering the manual update to 2.2...I like how I have my phone right now - just switched to LauncherPro - love the dockbar! However, I am not sure that it is more stable than TagHome which is what I was using - was very simple and clean and played well with every widget I put on it....but this is a thread on stock or no and I am stock as of right now....

Manual update to 2.2 for non-rooted? Where?

Sent from my Droid using TARDIStalk

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am still stock...but kinda considering the manual update to 2.2...I like how I have my phone right now - just switched to LauncherPro - love the dockbar! However, I am not sure that it is more stable than TagHome which is what I was using - was very simple and clean and played well with every widget I put on it....but this is a thread on stock or no and I am stock as of right now....

you end up rooted - the OTA file isn't out yet

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13

As the post above this one indicates, you will end up rooted...but here is the thread I was referring to...I am sure there is others but I was reading thru this one...
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/49671-stock-2-1-2-2-froyo-step-step-installation.html