still stock

jlaidlaw

Reaction score
Wow.... get on the android 2.2 train. How can you be living with three screens still. I need to convince my brother to root and go to android 2.2 but he won't budge. So your not alone but at least your on DF.

Sent from my Droid

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you're happy with it as-is why does it matter?

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
oh man, still stock? You two are missing out.

When you try to root you get hours of attention from those trying to get you unstuck. You haven't seen nothing until you see the M logo come and go at boot-up 30 times within 4 minutes. Let me tell you, there is nothing like that 2am panic when you've been trying to fix your phone for 5 hours and you wonder if it will ever work again. You just haven't lived until you've seen nonstop Force Closes so bad you can't even navigate around the screen.

But..once you're past all that, its all good.
icon_%20banana.gif
dancedroid
icon_%20banana.gif

If it works and you are happy with it, like most things in life, stick to your guns. You will know when you want to change, don't let others talk you into it.

GottiWarbucks

Reaction score
Still stock also but loving my seven screen helixlauncher im too scared to root but i love watching vids on other folks rooted and once i buy my own laptop ill get to it

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My latest rom made helix unstable. That really bummed me out. Launcher Pro Beta also gives extra screens and lets you anchor 4 apps to the app drawer launcher so that saved the day for me.

OP
S

slikster9012

Reaction score
ya theres just too much stuff goin on and its always changing i dont know where/how to even start anymore hahah

satalac

Reaction score
And.....?

I'm still stock too. Waiting for 2.2. I can live with 2.1 for now.

01b5s4

Reaction score
Stock also, did the multi screen thing for a while, just go too busy. I'd put apps on my screen just to have them there, never even used the app..lol

I guess I need to catch up, and read up on 2.2.

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
My latest rom made helix unstable. That really bummed me out. Launcher Pro Beta also gives extra screens and lets you anchor 4 apps to the app drawer launcher so that saved the day for me.

Actually it's up to 14now, or 15 if you don't need to get into the app drawer. The dev is very responsive and posts here.
Then of course there's Quick Desk.
With QD and LP people may not need as many screens as they think.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
stock is good and stable and truly bugless - some people just don't care about modding, and a lot of people don't realize that a LOT can be done without rooting anyway