still on DX v2.0.1, should i upgrade? how?

Osbor

Reaction score
i haven't messed around with liberty since march or so, and while i do like it, it shows problems at times....
the phone's been steadily slowing down over the past few months, oftentimes taking 5-10 seconds to start responding to touch commands after unlocking the screen

i assume there are myriad advantages to upgrading to liberty gingerbread v0.9? will this version work on the droid x? and if so, how would i go about upgrading/backing up material? the stickies seem more tuned to being changelogs than anything

CP6608

Reaction score
I was on CM7 since its release date, but couldn't deal with the battery being so horrible so I flashed back to Liberty 2.0.1 and could not be happier. If you are happy with your battery life and performance I would suggest holding out to upgrade unless it is to the Liberty GB V.09. The other roms out there do not have the battery life support that Liberty 2.0.1 offers. Since flashing back I have been trying to drain my battery to calibrate it, and I am currently at 12+ hours and am down to 80% using Android OC to undervolt my device. I have heard very good things about the Liberty GB ROMs but I cannot find another rom that offers this type of battery life. Good luck choosing a new ROM. Just thought I would throw my $.02 out there.

Radiomuted

Reaction score
I was on CM7 since its release date, but couldn't deal with the battery being so horrible so I flashed back to Liberty 2.0.1 and could not be happier. If you are happy with your battery life and performance I would suggest holding out to upgrade unless it is to the Liberty GB V.09. The other roms out there do not have the battery life support that Liberty 2.0.1 offers. Since flashing back I have been trying to drain my battery to calibrate it, and I am currently at 12+ hours and am down to 80% using Android OC to undervolt my device. I have heard very good things about the Liberty GB ROMs but I cannot find another rom that offers this type of battery life. Good luck choosing a new ROM. Just thought I would throw my $.02 out there.

What are you running your AOC at?

Devo_

Reaction score
I'm still rocking 2.0.1, I see no reason to "upgrade" to a newer version. I also get great battery life with my phone undervolted. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm still rocking 2.0.1, I see no reason to "upgrade" to a newer version. I also get great battery life with my phone undervolted. :)

I would atleast try it.

CM74DX

cjriddle22

Reaction score

It is a very good and stable ROM. Battery life is above average, and I like staying as up-to-date as possible (as close to Google's release as possible). It is at least worth an install.

CP6608

Reaction score

What are you running your AOC at?

300 18v
600 37v
800 42v
1000 53v

I found these settings to be about the lowest my phone can go and still post about a 2000 on a quadrant. I calibrated my battery and what not and after my latest recharge I am at 79% after 8 hours of moderate usage..about 20-30 texts, screen on 1+ hours, 20 minutes of calls. To say I am satisfied being back on Liberty 2.0.1 would be an understatement.

CP6608

Reaction score
ae64c1cb-7cbf-4bc9.jpg
ae64c1cb-7cd4-7b55.jpg

Here are screen shots from this morning..i left the phone off the charger last night by accident but still have good battery life.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

extensive

Reaction score
Tried .09 and it was ok but i really need wireless tether so back to good old 2.0.1 I went

extensive

Reaction score
Exactly. There are work arounds but they are not consistent and without worry.