Still not as fast as Iphone

cccmhhh

Reaction score
I have had a X for three weeks now and I really like it. Today was the first time I have personally gone head to head with the browser and Google maps and the Iphone smoked it speed wise. A few (40) seconds later the X downloaded the same info. what can I do to make the 3g faster? Anything? Thanks

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
clear the cache on the iphone and try that again. wont be close

try a different browser ( i use dolphin)

dwagner88

Reaction score
I have had a X for three weeks now and I really like it. Today was the first time I have personally gone head to head with the browser and Google maps and the Iphone smoked it speed wise. A few (40) seconds later the X downloaded the same info. what can I do to make the 3g faster? Anything? Thanks

Where it works, AT&T 3G is way faster than VZW 3G. This may be the biggest reason. If you are going to compare the two, put them both on the same wifi network and repeat the test. It will probably be pretty close.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
how do u get to the cache on the x..thanks

Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/Browser and select 'Clear Cache'

He wasn't saying clearing the cache on the droid would help, he was suggesting that maybe the iPhone has info stored in its cache and thats why it was 40 seconds ahead. I agree thats a lot of time, but I cannot comment being that I only touched an iPhone once. I personally love google work... Android is just a baby, he'll grow!

Rindaen

Reaction score
AT&T has a faster network no doubt. Thats really the only thing I miss.
Doesnt matter what browser you are using, Verizon is slower.

Havent performed any test over WiFi as I dont have wifi at work, or when riding in a car.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Havent performed any test over WiFi as I dont have wifi at work, or when riding in a car.

Well, that's if you can actually get a signal.

Deadem

Reaction score
I have both AT&T(touch Pro 2) and VZW(Moto Droid with Froyo) and AT&T is much faster while on 3G when tethered on my laptop or even downloading files on the phone. I live in Charlotte and even when I go to the Boston Area same results. It is only when I drive out of a major city is when I realize VZW3G network is superior because it's only edge for AT&T while I hardly ever get the 1x on VZW.

So AT&T faster as long as you are in a major city but VZW is more covered and works well if you are using Google Nav. Try to take a trip cross country with AT&T and play pandora and google nav and it won't be pretty.

Rindaen

Reaction score

Well, that's if you can actually get a signal.

Now that Im on Verizon with the Droid X, I find i have to go outside for a signal when Im at home. Something I never had to do with AT&T.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Now that Im on Verizon with the Droid X, I find i have to go outside for a signal when Im at home. Something I never had to do with AT&T.

Call Verizon up and have them do a trouble ticket for you. It could be a problem with the towers. I have a couple of dead spots in my house but I don't have to go outside to use my Droid.

We haver more people switch from iPhone to Droid because of signal issues I'd say then any other reason. There is a good amount of them who can't wait to root and such but from what I see that's a major issue for AT&T.

I have a video on this that's hilarious but unfortunately I can't post it because of language. Google Phone finder app video iphone. It is worth it.

cypherx82

Reaction score
That's odd. In my area Verizon signal is everywhere. AT&T, on the other hand...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

BrendonSF

Reaction score
Yeah, AT&T is definitely faster, when it works.

AT&T here in San Francisco sucks. I know a ton of people with AT&T, and they all despise the network.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
it all depends on your location. i can have 450kbps 3g in one part of the state and 2.7mbps in other part. all on the same 3g network.