Still not as fast as Iphone

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by cccmhhh, Aug 12, 2010.

1. cccmhhh

cccmhhh New Member

I have had a X for three weeks now and I really like it. Today was the first time I have personally gone head to head with the browser and Google maps and the Iphone smoked it speed wise. A few (40) seconds later the X downloaded the same info. what can I do to make the 3g faster? Anything? Thanks
  2. Abe21599

Abe21599 DF Super Moderator

clear the cache on the iphone and try that again. wont be close

try a different browser ( i use dolphin)
  3. dwagner88

dwagner88 New Member

Where it works, AT&T 3G is way faster than VZW 3G. This may be the biggest reason. If you are going to compare the two, put them both on the same wifi network and repeat the test. It will probably be pretty close.
  4. aminaked

aminaked New Member

browser in froyo is much faster
  5. howard5674

howard5674 New Member

how do u get to the cache on the x..thanks
  6. jcstarr

jcstarr New Member

Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/Browser and select 'Clear Cache'
  7. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

He wasn't saying clearing the cache on the droid would help, he was suggesting that maybe the iPhone has info stored in its cache and thats why it was 40 seconds ahead. I agree thats a lot of time, but I cannot comment being that I only touched an iPhone once. I personally love google work... Android is just a baby, he'll grow!
  8. Rindaen

Rindaen New Member

AT&T has a faster network no doubt. Thats really the only thing I miss.
    Doesnt matter what browser you are using, Verizon is slower.

Havent performed any test over WiFi as I dont have wifi at work, or when riding in a car.
  9. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Well, that's if you can actually get a signal.
  10. Deadem

Deadem New Member

I have both AT&T(touch Pro 2) and VZW(Moto Droid with Froyo) and AT&T is much faster while on 3G when tethered on my laptop or even downloading files on the phone. I live in Charlotte and even when I go to the Boston Area same results. It is only when I drive out of a major city is when I realize VZW3G network is superior because it's only edge for AT&T while I hardly ever get the 1x on VZW.

So AT&T faster as long as you are in a major city but VZW is more covered and works well if you are using Google Nav. Try to take a trip cross country with AT&T and play pandora and google nav and it won't be pretty.
  11. Rindaen

Rindaen New Member

Now that Im on Verizon with the Droid X, I find i have to go outside for a signal when Im at home. Something I never had to do with AT&T.
  12. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Call Verizon up and have them do a trouble ticket for you. It could be a problem with the towers. I have a couple of dead spots in my house but I don't have to go outside to use my Droid.

We haver more people switch from iPhone to Droid because of signal issues I'd say then any other reason. There is a good amount of them who can't wait to root and such but from what I see that's a major issue for AT&T.

I have a video on this that's hilarious but unfortunately I can't post it because of language. Google Phone finder app video iphone. It is worth it.
  13. cypherx82

cypherx82 New Member

That's odd. In my area Verizon signal is everywhere. AT&T, on the other hand...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  14. BrendonSF

BrendonSF New Member

Yeah, AT&T is definitely faster, when it works.

AT&T here in San Francisco sucks. I know a ton of people with AT&T, and they all despise the network.
  15. xeene

xeene Well-Known Member

it all depends on your location. i can have 450kbps 3g in one part of the state and 2.7mbps in other part. all on the same 3g network.
  16. smokinfish

smokinfish New Member

I was at the local cigar club and a member there was spouting off about his new iphoney 4 so we did the browser test and he never could bring up a site, couldn't make a call absolutely no signal. Ended up walking away with a couple of good cigars for the win!! It was classic dancedroid
  17. TheJester34

TheJester34 New Member

Part of the reason I switched from AT&T back to Verizon is where I live AT&T has EDGE and no 3G. I have to cross the mtn for school, but that's only 2 days a week. With Verizon I actually have 3G, and from everything I read Verizon has a larger 3G network. I'll take actual 3G coverage over a faster 3G one any day
  18. alboboy10

alboboy10 New Member

From what I've seen, iphone has higher download speeds. But as far as internet browsing goes, big websites like endgadget and nba.com and mlb etc my droid smoked the iphone...the droid X is like twice as fast as my droid. So for browsing, even ATT's faster 3G doesn't beat the browsing on this phone. I don't know why, but for download speeds my friends with iphones always did better.

Eh oh well, I never download stuff anyway.
  19. lawrence87

lawrence87 New Member

Coming from someone that had a iphone for 3 years. yeah the iphone is a bit faster but thats only if you have service. i would go from full service to edge while looking for a website. when that happens it locks up and you have to refresh. I would have my phone next to me and not touch it and it would go from full bars to only 2 on edge then 5 mins later full bars then back down. So yeah iphone can load a website faster but when you have service. If AT&T had insurance on the iphones i would have used it up from how pissed i got from the service. I had to walk outside to talk on the phone because inside a house i would drop the call or i would fade from the convo and come back. I had the droid x for 3 weeks and i have been happier with it than my iphone. 4 buttons are better than 1. only thing now is reports of sony finally making the psp phone and it coming out in october.
  20. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Let's see....Faster surfing and an iPhone or a Droid and Awesomeness.....

Not much of a choice.....Droid FTW.