Still no Jelly Bean??

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
Odd, same here. I've checked for the update in settings and it tells me I'm up to date.
I'm not overly concerned because of some of the issues J Beaners are experiencing.

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
If you are on Verizon, make sure you are on release 211 and not 215 as you won't get the update on 215. If you are on 211 you should just be able to go to settings, about phone, check for updates

We are the Droid!!
You will be assimilated!!
Resistance is futile!!

polonium101

Reaction score
If you are on Verizon, make sure you are on release 211 and not 215 as you won't get the update on 215. If you are on 211 you should just be able to go to settings, about phone, check for updates

We are the Droid!!
You will be assimilated!!
Resistance is futile!!

211 being what? The only thing I see on my phone that resembles 211 is my Baseband version has a 210 in it. But I don't think that's what you mean...

Anyway, I'm not getting the update - have checked probably 75 times or so. On my Galaxy Nexus, it helped to delete data from Google Services Framework, force stop it, and then check, but that hasn't done me any good, either.

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
System settings-->About Phone-->System version.
Tell us what yours says there.

OP
Harleytwostar

Harleytwostar

Reaction score
System settings-->About Phone-->System version.
Tell us what yours says there.

I'm still on the stock system for ICS, .211 The Updates link still just says my phone is up to date..........guess I just have to wait. Verizon here in the deep south don't know squat.

r/ George

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
I realized that I'm on the ICS. 215 leak and that's why I haven't been prompted to download the JB update.
I guess I'm happy to stay with Ics if I can. Does anyone think I'll have any issues if I don't update at all? I've been reading people's experiences and many are very troubling. Like alot of app updates, it seems as if the developers change something that should have not been touched at all. I want a device that ran as smoothly as it once did on ginger bread. It had excellent battery life too.
So, I feel content with Ics for the time being. Perhaps,I'm afraid of change, good or bad.
Let me know if you think I'm misguided in my thoughts.

2razrmaxx

Reaction score
Correct... you will not be prompted to upgrade while on 215

As for upgrading... I have zero regrets on getting jb

I came from 215 BTW...so i

know where you are.

Good luck either way

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
Correct... you will not be prompted to upgrade while on 215

As for upgrading... I have zero regrets on getting jb

I came from 215 BTW...so i

know where you are.

Good luck either way
So, I would have to revert back to .211 first? Does the battery life seem the same or better than Ginger bread?

Yeti35

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S8+ w/ a Tech 21 case
So, I would have to revert back to .211 first? Does the battery life seem the same or better than Ginger bread?
Yes, you need to go back to .211 before you can get JB. I can't answer the battery issue since I moved from a Maxx to a Maxx HD.

2razrmaxx

Reaction score
My battery life is about the same. Note....I did FDR after reverting to 211 and before I took upgrade to jb

Others have indicated poor battery life...but appears FDR is theory on fixing that.

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
My battery life is about the same. Note....I did FDR after reverting to 211 and before I took upgrade to jb

Others have indicated poor battery life...but appears FDR is theory on fixing that.
Ok, Thanks for the reply. I've always done a clear cache and at least two FDRs and it does seem to help. However,
I think for now I will stay on ICS until issues with Jelly Bean are ironed out or until I start to have "real" problems with the current OS.

tomthbomb

Reaction score
After updating I can not assign ringtones like before. Any ideas or new procedures?