Still no ginger?

OP
G

Garandhero

Reaction score
Google search DROID2 bootstrap.apk. Or, PM me your email address and I will send it to you.

Sent from my DROIDX

Actually someone sent it already I was just wondering where on the site u could get it..
Thanks tho - Ok I am going to try this out now.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Google search DROID2 bootstrap.apk. Or, PM me your email address and I will send it to you.

Sent from my DROIDX

Actually someone sent it already I was just wondering where on the site u could get it..

We'll see you on the other side!

OP
G

Garandhero

Reaction score

Sent from my DROIDX

We'll see you on the other side!

Ugh now someone just said that you can use z4 to root the OTA... so now im not sure if its worth to do this..

OP
G

Garandhero

Reaction score
So I am trying to run z4 and its been on Running Exploit in order to obtain root access for like 10+ minutes, the spinning bar is still spinning though.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Exit out of the app and try it again. Sometimes it takes a couple times of that. When it works the way it should, it should only take about 2 minutes tops and reboot.

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
G

Garandhero

Reaction score
Ok. got the phone rooted, installed Droid 2 bootstrap

Installed part 1 and part 2,

then went back and did a reboot. Rebooted and I saw the toolbar color had changed and it was asking me to complete action using launcher pro or setup. I couldn't select either then it said the android system had stopped responding. I hit force close but nothing happened... Gonna try a hard reboot.

OP
G

Garandhero

Reaction score
Does Launcher Pro not like Gingerbread??? Constant force closes.

Anyway, that installation method worked.

I am running
Android Version: 2.3.3
System Version: 4.5.596
Radio: 12p
Kernel: 2.6.32.9

Quadrant Score of 1736

Can I use titanium and freeze all the bloat again, same as with Froyo?

Last edited:

leonozug

Reaction score
So I am trying to run z4 and its been on Running Exploit in order to obtain root access for like 10+ minutes, the spinning bar is still spinning though.

Z4Root only roots 2.2.1, it won't root 2.3.3...you installed an already rooted version, so you had root from the get-go of 2.3.3 after you installed the two-part zips.

Gingerbreak 1.2 rooted the earlier versions of 2.3.3, but stopped working on the .595 Gingerbread leak, and it doesn't work on the new official .596 either. That's why P3Droid from MyDroidworld.com pre-rooted it specially for the build you're using.

leonozug

Reaction score
Does Launcher Pro not like Gingerbread??? Constant force closes.

Anyway, that installation method worked.

I am running
Android Version: 2.3.3
System Version: 4.5.596
Radio: 12p
Kernel: 2.6.32.9

Quadrant Score of 1736

Can I use titanium and freeze all the bloat again, same as with Froyo?

I think it may not like launcher pro, I use the stock launcher that comes with it. I works great. The maker of LP may have to update LP so it plays nicer with the new build.

I'm sure you can freeze the bloat just like the old build with TB. I used to root and do all the same with removing bloat but got tired of it, now I'm just running the stock un-rooted version I installed in the stock recovery. I imagine someone will have a rooting process figured out for the stock 2.3.3 soon enough, maybe I'll root it again when it finally comes out. lol

wyld

Reaction score
Taking ota right now pulled from server indiana

Sent from my DroidX using DroidForums!

wyld

Reaction score
Ok it lets me pull the ota from the server but it fails to install twice now!

scitzo

Reaction score
Ok it lets me pull the ota from the server but it fails to install twice now!

Are you trying from system updates in settings and are you on stock.340? If not you will need to sbf back

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

wyld

Reaction score
Pulling from server! Was rooted been unrooted for a week now. Yellow bar when installing gets about half way then this. ! In a triangle then clockworkmod recovery I reboot system! Odd thing is since I unrooted it goes into clockworkmod recovery every time I reboot power down battery pull!

wyld

Reaction score
And yes system update and all stock

scitzo

Reaction score
Power on in stock recovery by holding home button while powering if you didn't know how and wipe data/cache then try if that don't work I'm out of thoughts I'll keep looking for solution and let you know good luck

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums