korndawg

Reaction score
Here is the error

2010-02-27091116.jpg

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Something in that card is wrong. Didn't we have to change the ending on that file? Crap it's been so long I don't remember.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe there is something corrupt in that file you downloaded. Throw the file away and try again. You can use the same site if you like or you can try this instead:

https://android.clients.google.com/u...0.84263456.zip
Rename the file to update.zip and place it the root directory of your SD Card.
Power off the phone.
Power on the phone, while holding the 'X' on the physical keyboard.
When you see the triangle and !, press Volume Up + Camera button.
Navigate to "apply update.zip" and press the gold button (center) on the D-Pad. Now it will install.
Reboot phone (should take 3-4 minutes).
Your DROID is now running 2.0.1 instantly without waiting.

MAKE SURE you DO NOT title the file update.zip.zip , it's already in zip format so just change the name to update.

OP
K

korndawg

Reaction score
Maybe there is something corrupt in that file you downloaded. Throw the file away and try again. You can use the same site if you like or you can try this instead:

https://android.clients.google.com/u...0.84263456.zip
Rename the file to update.zip and place it the root directory of your SD Card.
Power off the phone.
Power on the phone, while holding the 'X' on the physical keyboard.
When you see the triangle and !, press Volume Up + Camera button.
Navigate to "apply update.zip" and press the gold button (center) on the D-Pad. Now it will install.
Reboot phone (should take 3-4 minutes).
Your DROID is now running 2.0.1 instantly without waiting.

MAKE SURE you DO NOT title the file update.zip.zip , it's already in zip format so just change the name to update.

Sorry, but that link is down :(

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OK....Try this one, it works.
https://android.clients.google.com/updates/voles/signed-voles-ESD56-from-ESD20.84263456.zip

Download this file
Rename the file to update.zip and place it in the root directory of your microSD card
Power off the phone
Power on the phone while holding the ‘X’ key on the physical keyboard to enter recovery mode
When you see the triangle with the exclamation point, press the volume up key and camera button key (only press the camera key down half way)
Navigate to “apply update.zip” and press the gold center button on the keyboard to select it. It will start the update process
Reboot the phone after it’s finished.
That’s it! Let us know how it works out, and please don’t try it if you’re not comfortable.

OP
K

korndawg

Reaction score
https://android.clients.google.com/updates/voles/signed-voles-ESD56-from-ESD20.84263456.zip

Download this file
Rename the file to update.zip and place it in the root directory of your microSD card
Power off the phone
Power on the phone while holding the ‘X’ key on the physical keyboard to enter recovery mode
When you see the triangle with the exclamation point, press the volume up key and camera button key (only press the camera key down half way)
Navigate to “apply update.zip” and press the gold center button on the keyboard to select it. It will start the update process
That’s it! Let us know how it works out, and please don’t try it if you’re not comfortable.

Same exact error. Grrrrr. Ok, should I try another SD card? I have my droid SD card, but my droid already has 2.01 on it.
Do I need to 'root' this droid first? Or doesn't this require that hack?

Well, switching SD cards didn't work?

Should I try wiping cache partition?

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Download this file
Power off the phone

Same exact error. Grrrrr. Ok, should I try another SD card? I have my droid SD card, but my droid already has 2.01 on it.

Bull....I was able to download the file.

Stupid PC's pm me with your email and I'll attach the sucker and send it to you.

OP
K

korndawg

Reaction score

Download this file
Power off the phone

Stupid PC's pm me with your email and I'll attach the sucker and send it to you.

Oh, my bad. I was able to download the file, but during the installation of it, the phone spit out the same error :) Not updating. Guessing this Droid is a POS :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Oh, my bad. I was able to download the file, but during the installation of it, the phone spit out the same error :) Not updating. Guessing this Droid is a POS :)
Then do a factory wipe on the thing. Try it one more time and then take it back and get another one. This is crazy.

OP
K

korndawg

Reaction score

Then do a factory wipe on the thing. Try it one more time and then take it back and get another one. This is crazy.

Agreed. This is crazy. Any recommendation on how to back up everything on this phone first?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Agreed. This is crazy. Any recommendation on how to back up everything on this phone first?
What has he got on there? Google will back up your contacts. What's on the SD card, move to your computer. Any paid apps will be in the Market in the download folder.

OP
K

korndawg

Reaction score
ok, crazy. Reset to factory. Tried the update, failed again. Logged in, reset up my phone. Enabled wireless again, and hit the sytem updates..............2.01 is downloading

So ya, its working now :)

Last edited:
OP
K

korndawg

Reaction score
Spoke to soon. The OTA update won't install either. Back to the store for his 3rd droid......

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Spoke to soon. The OTA update won't install either. Back to the store for his 3rd droid......

Well, if it says anything it proves there is no difference between the OTA and the one available on line. Third time will be a charm. :)