Still having redraw!!! Omg

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by yourname1245, Jul 20, 2010.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. yourname1245

yourname1245 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    running 4.5 since last night and wiped data. had 4.4 and had this redraw and lagging homescreens. sometimes ill be in an app or texting and returning to the screen its blank. the widgets i cud understand but nothing is showing up for a solid 2-3 minutes. the rom itself is fast but this is a problem.
    tried to see if it had anything to do with the auto screen rotation and orientation throwing the display off but...NO
    any information or anyone that had this problem let me know its annoying trying to move fast through the screens after apps.
    -sal
  2. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    download MinFree from the market and set it to aggresive.
  3. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    Your title suggests you've had this problem for awhile? I don't know your history, but the first thing I would suspect is apps on the sdcard. And what launcher are you using? If you are using LauncherPro, does this problem occur with other launchers?
  4. bdholsin

bdholsin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been having the same issue with redrawing. It isn't a huge problem...just annoying more than anything else.

I have MinFree and it is indeed set to aggressive. I can't really tell if it's helping or not. It certainly isn't making the redrawing problem any worse. I've resolved to the fact that I'll just deal with it and not lose sleep. In our world of near instant gratification I'd say that a few seconds of looking at the screen and wondering when it will update isn't the worst problem to agonize about. Just have to keep it in perspective in the grand scheme of things.

Now, time to go worry about something really important...how to get 5 more Quadrant points for benchmarking. :p
  5. yourname1245

yourname1245 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have had it since chevy 4.3 and 4.4 came out I'm gunna try to get that app and adjust...I'm feelin like it maybe the launcher at this point. I like the launcher beta way more options and
    speed settings r really clean.
    -sal
    Sent from my droid using Tapatalk
  6. bdholsin

bdholsin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been doing some experimentation on this. I've managed to improve the redraw issue (on my phone at least) by doing the following:

Under Preferences, Dock Settings uncheck the "Enable Loop Scrolling".

I have only been using one dock but had the Loop Scrolling enabled. Had to change the number of docks to anything more than one as the Loop Scrolling checkbox was greyed out with only one dock selected. After you uncheck the Loop Scrolling checkbox you can go back to only one dock selected.

Just thought I'd pass that along. Hope it helps.
  7. Fault

Fault Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Having the same problem, its driving me up the wall. Mainly after things like browser or facebook is when it happens to me

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  8. yourname1245

yourname1245 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I did the min fix and ill do the looping, I feel like it maybe the chevyrom no disrespect. I had bugless beast and was not having issues and maybe its the fact that it being built from source. After 2.2 source came out its been reoccuring.

Sent from my droid using Tapatalk
  9. smed1275

smed1275 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I also have this "problem". I have the same experience with Launcher Pro, Launcher, and ADW Launcher. No change between them as far as redraw speed. My redraw usually takes any where between 10-20 seconds. I also keep changing Roms from SS to Sapphire. I can't decide witch I prefer. I love them both but both give me similar redraw issues. If I could only resolve that both Roms would be as close to perfect as I could possibly ask for.
  10. rcfx

rcfx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had this problem also and I'm on 4.3. What fixed it for me was deleting the task killer, reboot, and run minfree on the aggressive setting and set it to on boot. Re-boot and I have not had it happen once since I did this. And it was driving me crazy too and p#$$ing me off. I'm so happy with 4.3 I can't bring myself to upgrade.
  11. CypherAZ

CypherAZ Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldn't call that a "fix," more like a work around. The problem with MimFree is that it doesn't have an ignore list, so it'll close anything and everything.....including your widgets.

Chevy any word on a solution?
  12. rcfx

rcfx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Your right about the 'work around', but minfree has never closed any widgets on my phone, and I'm running 2 - 3 on each wall.
  13. shanehillsr

shanehillsr New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You know I have asked for help with this on many other posts with no fix. I have been on kangerade5.0.9, bbv0.4, and ss 4.5. Having redraw issues with each rom also have minfree and set to aggressive nothing is working and it is driving me freaking nuts man. Has anyone found a work around a fix or anything that has actually worked? Help me man I'm about to lose it with these redraws.
  14. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    There have been several recent posts that mentioned using spare parts to change the speed settings of screen openings or scrolling or something of the sort. I've never had the problem so I didn't try to remember at the time. Find the other threads on this issue and you should find some help.
  15. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    And to be honest - when I run the aggressive settings in minfree, it gets worse (at least with the stock launcher).

I actually don't seem to have any redraw issues since 4.5 ...