Still having problems

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by catsartcox, Mar 29, 2010.

1. catsartcox

catsartcox Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My phone is rooted of course and i installed busy box as per this:

Re:Got root? Need more? Install Busybox! - AndroidFanatic Community Forums

But metamorph is still yelling at me. Saying I ether don't have enough room in /system or i don't have busy box installed. I am sure i have lots of room. Help I would like to install this: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-themes/26538-mm-theme-custom-colored-text.html

2. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12
    I've not used MM but here is a section from Matt3W's tutorial that may help:
    ( If you want to patch a Metamorph Theme...keep going, otherwise, skip this section (credit to Johnny Kansas for this)

68. Download Metamorph from the Market. Download a theme. Should be in .zip format. Put that zip in the "AndroidThemes" folder that Metamorph created.

69. Open Metamorph and select "pick theme"

70. Select the zip file of the theme you want to apply. It will then extract the files.

71. To apply it, click "existing theme"

72. Select the theme you're trying to apply, and then find the proper file. The file with the Metamorph logo (green M) is the file you need to select.

73. After selecting that file, it will show you what individual components you can apply the theme to "gmail, calendar, etc."

74. You can select one at a time to apply, or you can select apply all to put the entire theme on.

NOTE: framework-res will change things like status bar and etc. It's the only part that requires a reboot, but metamorph will detect if you install it and ask you if you want to reboot. Make sure the theme you want to install is compatible with the rom you're using...Otherwise not everything (If anything) will be themed...AND other issues may arise.

ALSO, if you get a Busy Box error:

Ok, I got an error saying I either didn't have enough memory in my system folder or busybox is not installed. BB is installed because I use it with Titanium Backup. System says 31.18MB free, how do I free up space in the system folder? I have like 109MB free and maybe only 30-40 apps.

I ran into this too. It's not the space issue, it's the location of BB. Using the directions you provided (thanks BTW) I installed BB 1.1 and it put busybox in the /system/xbin folder. However, metamorph looks for it in the /system/bin folder.

Copy and paste the busybox file in to the /system/bin folder then it should work fine.

Mike

3. catsartcox

catsartcox Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok it tried moving both the folder and just the file. And the file from xbin....Still is giving me the same error...

4. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12
    I'm sorry I do not have any other suggestions.

Mike

5. jstafford1

jstafford1 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +214
    Su
    Mount -o remount,rw -o yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
    Chmod 755 /system/bin/busybox
    Or Chmod 755 /system/xbin/busybox

Try those in terminal emulator. The chmod commands depend on which place busybox is, system/bin or system/xbin

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  6. catsartcox

catsartcox Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ok, got that problem fixxed, thanks....But now i am having problems with this guys theme. Thanks though!

Search tags for this page

chmod boxbusy