Motorola Turbo 2
Anybody have a long term fix for this

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Mine works fine. What exactly is the issue?

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
On Z2 force if I do ok Google it still wants my fingerprint. I remived all device admins except for Google. No work policies

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Are you running a different launcher. I use Nova.... Mine don't work either. Still not giving Nova up

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
If everything is setup correctly in the Google app, using the stock Launcher, you will automatically have a Trusted Voice entry in the Security > Smart Lock settings.

The Moto app on the Z2 phones is different than previous, since these phones shipped with Assistant installed and not the old Google Now. The new Moto app doesn't offer OK Google commands. It provides Show Me voice commands that perform some hands free functionality. After setting everything up in the Moto app and realizing that it only had Show Me functionality I deleted my Voice Model, rebooted and started over. I then setup my Voice Model and OK Google functionality within the Google app. That creates a Trusted Voice entry and my phone automatically unlocks with my voice using OK Google commands.

If yours doesn't work I would recommend deleting your Voice Model, reboot and start over. But do not setup Voice in the Moto app, do it in the Google app.
5a6387eba1e7a3de7de38f35d486f472.jpg

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I also noticed that if everything is setup correctly the Moto App > Moto Voice section will already have the Voice Security option slid to ON. I don't remember if I turned that on manually or if it was automatic after setting up OK Google voice in the Google app. In either case, the Google app has an option to unlock with voice commands AND the Moto app has an option to unlock with voice commands. Both are set to ON for me and I can unlock my phone with OK Google voice commands.
f3e9390361481a5c8398f9013de0bcf7.jpg

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I'll give it a shot Sajo. Thanks!

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Are you running a different launcher. I use Nova.... Mine don't work either. Still not giving Nova up

I use Nova as well I find that if you toggle setting for ok Google in various places it works sometimes in reboot sometimes not. If any one has a permanent fix let me know

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
If everything is setup correctly in the Google app, using the stock Launcher, you will automatically have a Trusted Voice entry in the Security > Smart Lock settings.

The Moto app on the Z2 phones is different than previous, since these phones shipped with Assistant installed and not the old Google Now. The new Moto app doesn't offer OK Google commands. It provides Show Me voice commands that perform some hands free functionality. After setting everything up in the Moto app and realizing that it only had Show Me functionality I deleted my Voice Model, rebooted and started over. I then setup my Voice Model and OK Google functionality within the Google app. That creates a Trusted Voice entry and my phone automatically unlocks with my voice using OK Google commands.

If yours doesn't work I would recommend deleting your Voice Model, reboot and start over. But do not setup Voice in the Moto app, do it in the Google app.
5a6387eba1e7a3de7de38f35d486f472.jpg

Ok Google responds when I talk but if screen is locked it asks for fingerprint. If unlocked it works fine. ????

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I think the permanent fix is to use the stock Launcher, or something other than what you are using now. It works fine with the stock Launcher

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Have you contacted the dev team for that Launcher to ask them why this doesn't work, but does work on a stock phone?

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I think the permanent fix is to use the stock Launcher, or something other than what you are using now. It works fine with the stock Launcher

I just turned on the show me Moto setting again. Had it off as I don't find it as useful now ok Google works 65% of the time as opposed to 0-20 and show me works less often . I wonder if it's a Nova glitch with either ok Google or Moto show me app. Hmm also have rebooted yet to see if I have to reset after rebooting. to be continued.

Btw I haven't used the native Android desktop in Android in years and like the Nova customizations. I'll have to check out stock Android on a pixel and see if I like it. Allot of people have been switching to pixel and even more with Samsung I hope Moto/Lenovo come on with a blockbuster Z3 force that can surpass or match them at least. Although I love my Z2 force I want a Z3 model equivalent and U haven't heard of any definites from Moto and Moto mods seem to be getting scarce unless they are bringing on a new set if Moto mods and. A new direction?

BTW I now in an average busy day when not near a charger burn through 2 turbo Moto mod charges plus regular battery. BTW sprint had the turbo Moto mod chargers on clearance for less than half if what they are on eBay and Moto itself is out of stock. Thinking about buying a few more before they are sold out.

Any rumors on the Z3 force?

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Have you contacted the dev team for that Launcher to ask them why this doesn't work, but does work on a stock phone?

I am searching their support just now but I just tried some else.. I turned off show me and retrained ok Google voice model instead of show me voice model and it seems to work. Google does have a warning that voice unlock is less secure and a similar voice recording can be used to bypass lock:) too badd ( they need to improve this.

I am thinking show me and ok Google together are the issue and maybe not Nova. Unclear.. still testing.

Separately.
Also face unlock(which is required for iPhone X and seems to be coming an Apple and cross device standard to Android ) is disabled by administrator. I removed my work apps to test this and I think that may be a corporate remnant.

Hey Google and Moto please update/fix and make more stable and consistent if you read this ..

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
There will not be a Z3 Force. There is a Z3 and Z3 Play.

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Show Me is a Moto specific function. OK Google is an Android function available on all Android phones. They are separate and do not work together.

Last edited: