Still have superuser permissions after manual update to 2.1

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by angryGTS, Apr 1, 2010.

1. angryGTS

angryGTS New Member

Please forgive me if it has been answered before, how come after manual update to the official 2.1 update I still have superuser permissions I thought root/superuser permissions went away after upgrading.

Edit: Nevermind I need sleep. But superuser is still there if its just sitting there taking up space i might delete it.
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  2. shooter_454

shooter_454 New Member

Same here,but i cant find a way to delete it for some reason.

I go into settings/applications/manage app/filter i open it and it said clear data but no uninstall button.

How do i remove it?
  3. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

superuser app could be fun to delete without root abilities, because I would be willing to bet it is in system/app/

Kinda funny it doesn't delete it.

*Edit* You are going to have to flash the .sbf or wait until someone figures out how to root 2.1 to get rid of it.
  4. angryGTS

angryGTS New Member

Thats funny about flashing the .sbf because I used the .sbf to go back to 2.01 so I could install the rooted 2.1 and after going into the about phone the new baseband was still there and a few other things, and yes the sbf finished installing so I didnt FUBAR nothing on that, oh well. I was going to reinstall Cyanogen and after I saw the baseband never changed back to the one with 2.01 I said what the hell might as well keep it official and it seems a hell of a lot snapier than it was when I originally installed the official 2.1 :icon_ banana:
  5. shooter_454

shooter_454 New Member

I flashed mine back to 2.0.1 with any probs,its easy to do(first time for me).I have rerooted and thinking about the 2.1 with root but not sure yet.

Before i rerooted it got rid of the useless su that was there before.
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  6. NeverEndingXsin

NeverEndingXsin New Member

instead of using the stock 2.1 rooted version just load one of the many 2.1 roms out there :) i guarantee you they will be MUCH better than the regular old stock stuff
  7. shooter_454

shooter_454 New Member

Thats what I was thinking too.I went and flashed cyanmod and now theres a option of radio update (c_01.3e.03p) Has anyone try this yet,I think its cyanmod's 2.1 update 1 with root.

I will start a new thread on this so I dont jack up the op subject.
Search tags for this page
android 2.1 manual
android watch 454 manual

superuser manual update