Still have superuser permissions after manual update to 2.1

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by angryGTS, Apr 1, 2010.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. angryGTS

angryGTS Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Please forgive me if it has been answered before, how come after manual update to the official 2.1 update I still have superuser permissions I thought root/superuser permissions went away after upgrading.

Edit: Nevermind I need sleep. But superuser is still there if its just sitting there taking up space i might delete it.
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  2. shooter_454

shooter_454 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same here,but i cant find a way to delete it for some reason.

I go into settings/applications/manage app/filter i open it and it said clear data but no uninstall button.

How do i remove it?
  3. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol Senior Member

Ratings:
    +22
    superuser app could be fun to delete without root abilities, because I would be willing to bet it is in system/app/

Kinda funny it doesn't delete it.

*Edit* You are going to have to flash the .sbf or wait until someone figures out how to root 2.1 to get rid of it.
  4. angryGTS

angryGTS Member

Ratings:
    +0

Thats funny about flashing the .sbf because I used the .sbf to go back to 2.01 so I could install the rooted 2.1 and after going into the about phone the new baseband was still there and a few other things, and yes the sbf finished installing so I didnt FUBAR nothing on that, oh well. I was going to reinstall Cyanogen and after I saw the baseband never changed back to the one with 2.01 I said what the hell might as well keep it official and it seems a hell of a lot snapier than it was when I originally installed the official 2.1 :icon_ banana:
  5. shooter_454

shooter_454 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I flashed mine back to 2.0.1 with any probs,its easy to do(first time for me).I have rerooted and thinking about the 2.1 with root but not sure yet.

Before i rerooted it got rid of the useless su that was there before.
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  6. NeverEndingXsin

NeverEndingXsin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    instead of using the stock 2.1 rooted version just load one of the many 2.1 roms out there :) i guarantee you they will be MUCH better than the regular old stock stuff
  7. shooter_454

shooter_454 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thats what I was thinking too.I went and flashed cyanmod and now theres a option of radio update (c_01.3e.03p) Has anyone try this yet,I think its cyanmod's 2.1 update 1 with root.

I will start a new thread on this so I dont jack up the op subject.
Search tags for this page
android 2.1 manual
android watch 454 manual

superuser manual update