Still getting lots of random reboots

Iowaberg

Reaction score
I don't frequent the board very often, but I am back again, as over the last few weeks, I've had several random reboots. Just a couple days ago, I lost count after.... 20. Not kidding. This is my second TB as it is a refurb from January under my insurance. I thought maybe it had something to do with Widget Locker, which I use a lot, but even after installing that, I still get reboots. The strange thing is, after the reboot, I lose my widgets and have to restore or replace the widget again and again. Just checking in to see if others are still having any issues, or what everyone's thoughts are on getting another replacement from VZW. My phone is not rooted and I've done countless battery pulls, though I have not done a sim card pull yet. Thoughts?

deshawn215

Reaction score
I have some what the same problem. My phone cuts off with a full battery and when I power it back on it shows 5% battery life. Then when it cuts off again and I power it back on it shows more battery life like 40%

jcondon

Reaction score
Same here...

First time here — I'm having a similar problem with my TB. It restarts randomly, but usually during calls or when I'm playing a game. I also have the widget locker app, but it was happening before I downloaded that.

The problem seemed to start after downloading the most recent update from Verizon, but it progressed slowly from occasional reboots to rebooting every hour or so, then back to every once in awhile. Last week it started rebooting several times a day, but now it's slowed down again.

Not sure what's going on...

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Why aren't you guys rooted and on custom ROMs?

No wonder you're having problems...No kidding.

deshawn215

Reaction score
jimmyco2008 said:

No wonder you're having problems...No kidding.[/QUOTE

WHAT IS ROOTING YOU PHONE

OP
I

Iowaberg

Reaction score
Be more specific.

Are you on the latest firmware, check for an update.

Android version: 2.3.4
Software number: 2.11.605.5

I've tried to do a software update and when I click on 'Check new' a box pops up that says "Checking for new software available now", and then disappears after 5 seconds. It used to at least give me a message back that no new software is available.

OP
I

Iowaberg

Reaction score

No wonder you're having problems...No kidding.

:confused: For us non-techies, that isn't likely an option. How would we know to root our phone and use custom ROMs????

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
605.5 isn't the latest, but really, with the Thunderbolt, you really oughta root. Especially since you're having trouble getting OTA updates...

There are a million pages for rooting the Thunderbolt... but I gotta promote my site for getting the job done, check out the Root/Unlock page on mechacentre.tk for complete instructions and everything else you need!

Otherwise I would try a simple reboot (with Fastboot turned off - toggle is in settings -> power) and then rechecking for an OTA without closing the dialog box that comes up.

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
It's like being the administrator of your phone, you can do more with it, like overclock or underclock the processor, tether for free unbeknownst to Sprint/AT&T/Verizon/T-Mobile, you can install a custom recovery and then custom ROMs, which can give your phone the latest Android OS before your manufacturer (HTC, Samsung, Motorola) assuming they ever get around to it.

Sorry for the late reply.

caesurachris

Reaction score
[/QUOTE

WHAT IS ROOTING YOU PHONE[/QUOTE]

Look in the forums

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2