Still getting drop-outs on lastest update.

wmfb

Reaction score
This is the last straw from Motorola and Verizon….you buy the Bionic at the full price when it’s released based on the advertising and hype from both of them…you pay full price and get garbage and a phone that doesn’t do what it is supposedly was advertised to do, and suffer through the months of aggravation with the device…then the update comes out…..which they selectively let out to who ever they want or what ever method they desire…..Motorola denies that it is out because it isn’t confirmed on their website….Verizon tells that Motorola is doing the upgrade…etc..etc..etc. and one lies and the other swears to it. Then they supposedly fix it….I don’t know because mine is not working yet, and then they drop the price….isn’t there any Justice????

wkwaggoner

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
droid turbo 2
The TOWERS!

I agree it's the towers. I can move my Bionic in Fairfield 2 feet and it drops data-move it back and it connects. Dead Area? No, can still make calls, etc. Happens on RT 80, happens in PineBrook, happens all over the area. It's the North East apparently that is having the most trouble. Got worse since the OTA btw. Had the "you sound like you're underwater" with my D1. Dropped calls too. In the flight path for Newark Airport also. Friend has THUNDERBOLT and same issues. VZW will get it done. They always get it done. Making a call is more important to me than any other thing a phone can do so that is good enough for me at this point. Wish data would remain stable like everyone else, and rely on Google Maps/traffic to get me home at night, but they will get it done. Been with VZW since the beginning and they continue to "send and receive the calls" better than any other company. Sorry if anyone was looking for a VZW or MOTO bashing here, but technology is evolving and no amount of field testing can predict the unpredictable which is what apparently has happened. My BIONIC is a great handset and make my trusted D1 look like it was from the stoneage. No regrets, just fustrations that are what it is.

portermac

Reaction score
It's not the towers. My wife gets a good strong 3G signal on her Droid X in the same places I have no data connectivity on my Bionic.

The Droid x is not a 4g phone. The problem is the combination of 4g phones with the towers.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

ripper2860

Reaction score
The Droid x is not a 4g phone. The problem is the combination of 4g phones with the towers.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Correct from what I've experienced and read. The issue is with VZ network and hand-off between 3G and 4G. 3G only phones (such as the VZ iPhone, Doid X, etc) do not have issues to this extent. Comparing Bionic side-by-side where the other phone is 3G only is not a valid comparison. The issue seems to be related to networks/towers/areas where 3G and 4G co-exist and/or the authentication scheme used by VZ on both.