Still can't check for system updates (for ics)

RAZRmax

Reaction score
No matter how I try, I still get the "Check for updates cannot be completed" message. Tried on and off wifi. Phone is stock GB with original Sim card.

Ideas? Do I need to call Verizon?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Have you tried holding power and volume down until the phone shuts off?? That's the first thing i'd do.

Call vzw and have em check your system settings..

Then i'd power off, remove my sim, power on.... power off, replace the sim, power on.. be careful with the sim(white plastic with a gold foil sticker, it delicate)

Now try searching for the update again.

Are you able to download apps from the play store on mobile data?? If so you should be able to get the update while on mobile data...

If you still can't get the update, this sounds extreme, but do two factory data resets, back to back, then search for the update.

FDR's are pretty simple now.. so don't sweat it if you need to do that.

joshxdroid

Reaction score
RAZRmax said:
What's the procedure for the FDR?

Just go into privacy and select factory data reset. But back up what you want to keep first. Also move your pictures/videos/music to your sd card instead of internal storage.

OP
R

RAZRmax

Reaction score
I was on the phone with VZ and Motorola, who tried to push ics out to me, no luck. They are having me do the reset. Backed everything up to external sdcard and will reset in a while.

OP
R

RAZRmax

Reaction score
Yeah I have ICS! Factory reset did the trick. Thanks for the help!

Still learning it. Most everything is nicer, except the calendar colors suck (dry red is ugly) and there's no bookmarks button on the top of the browser window. Too many keystrokes to get to the bookmarks.

Otherwise it seems really cool!

Last edited: