still battery issues?

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by thrgk, Sep 14, 2012.

1. thrgk

thrgk New Member

when i owned my razr maxx awhile ago, i could only get 5hr screen on time on 3g, did they fix that issue? yes i went through all the battery cycles, smart actions, but still did not improve. Did they find a fix? seemed ics ruined it.
  2. cleave

cleave New Member

I have ICS on my Maxx and i have outstanding battery life...couldn't be happier :)
  3. dressagerider1

dressagerider1 New Member

I have owned my maxx for a few weeks and have amazing battery life and I use my phone a lot.
  4. Beckeramos

Beckeramos New Member

5hr on 3g alone isn't do great. Mostly on 4G I'm getting about 45-50 minutes of screen on time every 10% of battery. I did foxkats battery training and am using smart actions along with juice defender beta. I like the beta version cause it gives you more options.
  5. lloydstrans

lloydstrans Well-Known Member

5 hours of screen time is not bad, without knowing usage habits and settings. 5 hours with brightness set in the 20%-30% over a 6-7 hour period, normal. 5 hours used periodically over 24 hours with the same screen brightness, still not bad considering I don't know you personal habits, could be slightly better. If your looking for a device that will give you over 8 or more hours of screen time a day that day is not here yet.
  6. lowfatdog

lowfatdog New Member

I was reading on here about the Gmail widget causing battery drain. I went thru and and deleted all widgets that I did not use. My home screen has just 5 Widgets and my other screens have none on them. Something has caused my Max to gain about 24 hours worth of use. Before the latest upgrade I could go three days without charging. After the upgrade it went to about two days. Now after deleting unused Widgets its back to normal. I can't say for sure what happened but it sure seems related to me. I will have to test it more than one time.