still an ipod user but want to take the plunge

CBLJazz

Reaction score
Have any of you had to buy a 32gb micro sd (for music/ media storage) or is the 16gb card big enough for you?

i have so much music that i fear i'll have to keep my ipod classic and use my droid.

i really wish i could keep everything on one device.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
32gb cards are not out yet :(

16 is doing me fine for now...

mikes

Reaction score
The iPod is a much better music player. Both for syncing ability, and controls.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Don't let you iPod hear you say the word "Android". It will self destruct in your hand and/or pocket. :icon_eek:

Reaction score
Oh trust me im a musician so that means i hav e a big demand for my music, from Reggae to jazz i have over 41,000 songs on my itunes lmao ive put about 5000 on my droid, i thought about it this way, when i get tired of the songs ill just switch them up. no need to throw them all at one time.

audioman42

Reaction score
True, but Pandora balances it out.

that's what i do now.
all music is on the ipod. the only music on droid is through PANDORA.
Honestly, I hardly ever listen my music collection now that I have Pandora everywhere I go. My music collection isn't huge though (only about 5GB [10 movies fill the rest of the space]), so I didn't have to make any compromises when I sold my iPod touch.

tu3218

Reaction score

I use to agree with you but i gotta say I don't think thats a problem anymore. Someone has just posted software called "songbird" and it syncs right up to the droid really easily, has playlists, lyrics, etc. I'm trying it out now, but that was my main gripe with the droid. The lack of of being able to sync to my pc for music. But it seems like that problem could be gone now

mikes

Reaction score
Well, I'm approaching capacity on an 80 GB. 16 GB just wouldn't do.

Pandora is great, but not really apropos to this thread, which started out with a question about SD card capacity. Also, when you want to listen to album "x," Pandora only works if you're a paid subscriber. If Pandora is enough for someone, great for them, they'll never have to buy another CD (assuming they stay around).

iPod for carrying personal music, Pandora for exploring new stuff. IMHO.

lmapp

Reaction score
I love my Droid...and my ipod...and my creative vision:m. I don't think that my Droid could effectively replace my mp3 player. It's great to have some 'emergency' music on, and the streaming ability is great. As a primary music player, there are better choices.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have any of you had to buy a 32gb micro sd (for music/ media storage) or is the 16gb card big enough for you?
You're going to get answers all across the board. I mean, some people use the Nano or Shuffle and are happy with the capacity they're getting.

My Droid isn't replacing my iPod Classic but that's because the head units in my cars don't have interfaces to control the Droid like they do for the iPod. Because of that, the Droid's capacity isn't really all that important to me for music since it only contains a small subset of my entire collection.

Obviously, if you're trying to converge devices and you have a large library then your perspective can be very different.

Grey Hawk

Reaction score
I don't recommend using the Droid as your music player, battery life is already a concern without constant music playbacksl.

Riley

Reaction score
I use both my Droid and an ipod. I use my ipod classic 160GB in my car, it sits in the glove box and I run it from the head unit I have. I also have my Droid car mounted and in the Aux port of my head unit and use it for calls, Pandora, DroidLive, etc. I tend to make playlists on my ipod and it much easier to setup than my Droid. Hence I still have about 10 GB of music on my Droid too. Sometime when I can get a 32 mini SD I might try and lean more towards the Droid for all my music.

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't recommend using the Droid as your music player, battery life is already a concern without constant music playbacksl.
the battery life is a non-issue for music play, especially with the screen off. i can listen to over 2hrs of Pandora on 3G and not even begin to worry about my battery.