sticky situation....

dannyboydluxe

Reaction score
I've had my Droid for about 10 days... since day one I've had a feeling there was something defective with the haptic feedback. The phone rattles, to a point where you could hear it when you hit a key, and it's even worse for the unlock swipe. I honestly thought this was normal, but confirmed it's a problem today when handling another person's phone.
I've rooted the phone, but want to now take it to Verizon for an exchange... what's the best way to clear my tracks so they don't blame it on the Sholes mod?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum :)

In the Sholes app, just select the ROM called "stock 2.0.1 (no root)"

OP
dannyboydluxe

dannyboydluxe

Reaction score

when I do that the SM Updater APP automatically re-installs itself... I don't want VZW to see that app when they check out my phone.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

when I do that the SM Updater APP automatically re-installs itself... I don't want VZW to see that app when they check out my phone.

When Sholes puts you back to stock, it does everything. The only thing you need to do is remove any applications that are made for using while rooted, such as SetCPU. I've done it once already, it works like a charm.:)

OP
dannyboydluxe

dannyboydluxe

Reaction score

When Sholes puts you back to stock, it does everything. The only thing you need to do is remove any applications that are made for using while rooted, such as SetCPU. I've done it once already, it works like a charm.:)

thanks a bunch, I'll give it a shot and try and get myself a new droid... one that doesn't have a haptic rattle that sounds like 2 lips flapping.

OP
dannyboydluxe

dannyboydluxe

Reaction score

after I was done un-rooting back to 2.0.1, the Sholes app was still there so I refunded it thru the market (i'll buy it again when i get a replacment phone), but the market still say's it's INSTALLED, also shows "SET CPU" as a downloaded app, anyway to clear these out so VZW doesn't get smart.

nerdbox08

Reaction score

after I was done un-rooting back to 2.0.1, the Sholes app was still there so I refunded it thru the market (i'll buy it again when i get a replacment phone), but the market still say's it's INSTALLED, also shows "SET CPU" as a downloaded app, anyway to clear these out so VZW doesn't get smart.

Did you actually uninstall SetCPU?

And did you try rebooting? Sometimes a reboot jogs the memory and it updates.

Also the market is sometimes slow to update, I've noticed. So I would try a reboot and see where you stand.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Market will keep an app that you paid for (even if uninstalled) in your downloads. I've had ATK sitting at the bottom of my downloads since I first got the Droid (since I uninstalled after my 24hr window).

Worst case, they ask what the app is, say you downloaded it not knowing it required you to void your warranty, so you didn't use it.