Stick with my droid 3 or get a nexus?

skyshadow

Reaction score
Im just wondering after having a dx of almost a year then being moved to a droid 3 after getting a ton of defective devices should I keep my droid 3? I mean its been a wonderful phone with almost no issues and from what I keep hearing its going to get better cause word on the street is soon moto is unlocking the bootloaders for the droid 3 and bionic. I can get an upgrade whenever as I already passed the date and im wondering should I hold out longer for something even better or go for the galaxy nexus? Comments and opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

ambrown

Reaction score
Droid 4 coming up...and it looks like it borrowed some sexiness from the Razr as well. Plus the Nexus only bests other phones because of ICS, otherwise it just has a barometer and NFC built in (if neither of those specs are important to you then ICS is the only extra feature that stands out). The Droid 4 should absolutely be upgraded to ICS, if not installed on it from day one when it hits the shelves.

Sent from my Droid Incredible on 2.3.4 using the DroidForums app

OP
S

skyshadow

Reaction score
That's an awesome looking phone. I meant wait as in a few more months though. Im not sure what to do. When I buy a new phone I want it to last me awhile before its outdated. They have been pushing out new moto phones like every two months.

ambrown

Reaction score
That's an awesome looking phone. I meant wait as in a few more months though. Im not sure what to do. When I buy a new phone I want it to last me awhile before its outdated. They have been pushing out new moto phones like every two months.

True about Moto going crazy with new phones every other month.it seems.

Since I'm not due for an upgrade till next September I have a long wait ahead :( But by then I'm sure there will be brand new stuff awaiting me.

But hey, that's the thing too, there's always something around the corner that will blow everything out of the water. Just look at the Bionic; Verizon advertised it as "the Droid to rule all machines", so what does that make the Razr? The Droid to rule the Droid that rules all machines? :p

I would say that if I had the upgrade, or straight up money to throw away, I would probably buy the Razr today. That's just me but I wouldn't lose sleep over that choice, even with the Nexus in the wings just waiting for a release date.

Sent from my Droid Incredible on 2.3.4 using the DroidForums app

faust0230

Reaction score
Asus in February ftw!!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

tclarktc

Reaction score
Get a nexus if you want to pay money/extend your contract and get a bad phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Lenagainster

Reaction score
IMHO, a phone with a physical keyboard is like a bicycle with training wheels. Once I discovered SwiftKey, I never used the keyboard on my D2.
You would be wise to wait until the Nexus is out for a couple of weeks and get user reviews before making a decision on that phone. Or get a Rezound.

OP
S

skyshadow

Reaction score
Its not really about the keyboard im looking to get the phone that will be the best in terms of dev support and have awesome hardware. I don't know if I should keep my d3 longer or get the nexus