Steve/Stephen/Dan/Daniel etc...LDJFS ARGGH!

switchedfromiphone

Reaction score
I am having serious issues with my contact lists and 'grouping.'

For instance, I have a Contact saved as 'Steven' with a number. Today, I went to add a NEW contact as 'Stephen' and although the name is different, it does not show in my contacts lists. It's listed as a separate number under 'Steven'. And, without the name 'Stephen.'

So basically I'm left to decide who is who, without any categorization. Is there a way to change this? I tried deleting both Steven/Stephen and re-adding as new contacts, individually, and it still combines them.

I tested it with a friend named Dan, and another named Daniel - and it combines them too. I need to see different names when I quick-access my contacts list and this is seriously annoying me and I can't figure out what is causing it.

OyVOid

Reaction score
It is strange that it does that. It hasn't come up as an issue for me because I usually distinguish between people with the same name with their last initials. You might want to try it. I have a sister named Andrea and a friend with the same name. So, for example I just use Andrea S. and Andrea P. and it sees it as a different person.