Steve Jobs

nakhleh926

Reaction score
apparently it's rumored that he's going to be dead in six weeks from his pancreatic cancer, I don't like the iPhone but that sucks.

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/article.cfm/2011/02/17/apple_stock_falls_after_rumor_of_steve_jobs_health

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

GDP

Reaction score
I think that rumor was started by the National Enquirer, a supermarket tabloid that is owned by a competitor of News Corp (the company that released the subscription newspaper on the ipad). I can't say for sure it's false, but it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There is a cure for cancer. It's called "money." Jobs ain't going nowhere.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Man I hope that isn't true. Pancreatic is a bad way to die. I lost a good friend and my step-dad to it.

Really, really wish him the best!!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I lol over this.

I hope he's OK too. Only time will tell, without him Microsoft wouldn't be as good as it is today. I mean if you call that good.

cpjr

Reaction score
Yeah that sucks......regardless of how people feel about Apple and their ways, you cant deny that Jobs is the reason Apple has EXPLODED as a company. He is a master at what he is doing.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
If this is true it would be terrible but I have not seen any sources outside of the Enquirer reporting on this. In fact from what I have read he is still very much involved in everyday decisions for Apple but doing most of it from behind closed doors. I hope all is well with him though.

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
If it's Jobs, then why can't we see his face?

Oh but don't hold me to that, it's not like I talked to him and know he's fine or anything...

Nevertheless, what would happen to Apple without Jobs? It'll no doubt go downhill. First, the lack of a Mac-veteran such as Jobs would spur reason to make the Mac OS open source. Then in order to compensate for falling stock, they will have to approve ALL Apps submitted to the App Store to get as much revenue from that as possible. In order to minimize losses from giving away free "bumpers" for the iPhone 4, they'll have no choice but to design a decent antenna for the iPhone. Finally they'll realize Apple will always be in a shadow of its former glory and will have to lower the high prices of all Apple products (iPod, Mac, etc.) in order to make as much money as possible.

Tragic, truly, truly tragic.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score

Oh but don't hold me to that, it's not like I talked to him and know he's fine or anything...

Nevertheless, what would happen to Apple without Jobs? It'll no doubt go downhill. First, the lack of a Mac-veteran such as Jobs would spur reason to make the Mac OS open source. Then in order to compensate for falling stock, they will have to approve ALL Apps submitted to the App Store to get as much revenue from that as possible. In order to minimize losses from giving away free "bumpers" for the iPhone 4, they'll have no choice but to design a decent antenna for the iPhone. Finally they'll realize Apple will always be in a shadow of its former glory and will have to lower the high prices of all Apple products (iPod, Mac, etc.) in order to make as much money as possible.

Trust me Jobs has people trained in case something like this happened. The next person in charge will be someone with identical ideology. And you honestly think Apple suffered losses handing out bumpers that cost them 15 cents to make????

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
I did look up Apple (AAPL) stocks for the past couple of days, yeah they are going down actually....

jimmyco2008

Reaction score

Trust me Jobs has people trained in case something like this happened. The next person in charge will be someone with identical ideology. And you honestly think Apple suffered losses handing out bumpers that cost them 15 cents to make????

Darn...

No I think they are losing money giving away vouchers for Belkin, Seidio and the like iPhone cases, which were offered a little after the Apple Bumpers started going out.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
My uncle got pancreatic cancer. The doctor told him to get a 'do no resesitate' order on his license. He went through a bunch...but mercifully got into a wreck and had a heart attack an hour later and passed away.

Sounds weird that im glad he got in a wreck...but given the alternative way to go, all things considered....he got off good.

Sent from my Droid 2 while driving. Thankyou Tapatalk

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score

I'm a cancer survivor. Thankfully, one can live without a bladder. One can not, however, live without a liver or pancreas. Money or not, Mr. Jobs may be in a situation where his wealth can not resolve.

Mike

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

I'm a cancer survivor. Thankfully, one can live without a bladder. One can not, however, live without a liver or pancreas. Money or not, Mr. Jobs may be in a situation where his wealth can not resolve.

Mike
I had a family member who had stomach cancer. It moved to her pancreas and she passed on within a week.

It's no joke.

I hope it isn't true. He is an innovator.

OP
N

nakhleh926

Reaction score

Mike

Same here, am not missing a bladder though(though it's annoying me), sorry to hear that but glad you're good now.

But yeah money isn't gonna do anything for him assuming that is the case. Just stumbled onto it and wanted to share, the credibility of the source is obviously questionable but who knows. Apple will not be as "good" as it is now, but I'm sure people will still sadly continue to buy the iPhone because it "looks cool". Apple isn't going anywhere :p.

Sorry for all of your losses in this thread.

edit: unless I'm mistaken Jobs was supposed to be taking medical leave soon unless he already has.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App