Steve Jobs resigns

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Funny how a few members in the community called him names and such and bashed on him. Now there's a whole thread on the community feeling sorry for him.

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wish him the best too, but to say he basically funded the entire development of Pixar out of his own pocket when it was just starting, which started the revolution of animated films is a bit inaccurate.
I wouldn't wish cancer on my worst enemy, but people are giving Jobs entirely too much credit for a great many things.

Not to derail this but might want to read the Pixar early history section here: Pixar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You'll find Pixar was being sold off by Lucasfilm(to die) and he injected loads of money into the project to keep it going.

tcayton49

Reaction score
Not to derail this but might want to read the Pixar early history section here: Pixar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You'll find Pixar was being sold off by Lucasfilm(to die) and he injected loads of money into the project to keep it going.

Pixar was sold off because George Lucas needed money after some bad movies and a divorce. It had been around(under a different name) for close to a decade, and a few years after Jobs bought it, it almost went bankrupt. He got lucky and hit it big with Toy Story which saved the company. So he hardly funded it when it was just starting because it had been around for a while. And he hardly started the revolution of animated films. Yes, he contributed to the evolution of animated films, but that is entirely different.
So again, Mr Jobs is just getting way too much credit.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Pixar was sold off because George Lucas needed money after some bad movies and a divorce. It had been around(under a different name) for close to a decade, and a few years after Jobs bought it, it almost went bankrupt. He got lucky and hit it big with Toy Story which saved the company. So he hardly funded it when it was just starting because it had been around for a while. And he hardly started the revolution of animated films. Yes, he contributed to the evolution of animated films, but that is entirely different.
So again, Mr Jobs is just getting way too much credit.

So a company that was dying, sold off by Lucas, wasn't saved by someone who injected $5 million dollars into the company in 1986? Who paid the payroll out of his own pocket for 2 years while the company was on the brink of bankruptcy?

I'm not a Steve Jobs fan, but I'm willing to defend the facts behind his work.

As always, you'd disagree with me that a stop sign was red.

tcayton49

Reaction score
So a company that was dying, sold off by Lucas, wasn't saved by someone who injected $5 million dollars into the company in 1986? Who paid the payroll out of his own pocket for 2 years while the company was on the brink of bankruptcy?

I'm not a Steve Jobs fan, but I'm willing to defend the facts behind his work.

As always, you'd disagree with me that a stop sign was red.

You ever been to Hawaii?

Blue Stop Sign | Flickr - Photo Sharing!