Steve Jobs resigns

stonecaster

Reaction score
Oh the dropped call joke is more than funny. That made my week. My son has a Iphone. He jailbroke it the other day and proudly brought it to me and showed me his new flip clock and weather app on the main screen. I told him thats great son, now after hacking your Iphone it does the same thing my Thunderbolt did out of the box.
I tried to get him not to drink the kool-aid. Alas Im a failure as a father.........

nikecar

Reaction score
Bets are on as to when someone sues Apple, mainly Jobs, for resigning and lowering the stock value.

Or better yet, Apple sues Jobs for Patent infringement on the CEO job.

Reaction score
He took off because of his battle with pancreatic cancer

sent from a 1.5ghz-Cyanogen 'Bolt
[ROM] CM7 RC 1.6.1
[Kernel] Protekk 2.6.35.14
Waiting for the Vigor...

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
It is a bit curious timing though with the next generation iPhone rumored to be launching with the next month or so. Wonder if they want the new CEO to be thrown into the fire right away.

To be or not to be........................wait what was the question? This signature has been Tapatalk approved.

I keep hearing october for iphone launch

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow, good luck Steve, no matter what, he's done a great deal for the tech world.

ChezJfrey

Reaction score
I think with his temporary leave, return, and eventual resignation, it is clear that his heath issues are to blame for his inability to further work as Apple's CEO. I think it is a sad day indeed, as his ambition and drive has led technology well throughout the last few decades. Whether one agrees with Apple's business decisions along the way, or pricing model, is irrelevant to the great impact that company has had in the personal technology world.

I say well done, Mr. Jobs, and I wish him well with his future.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
I think with his temporary leave, return, and eventual resignation, it is clear that his heath issues are to blame for his inability to further work as Apple's CEO. I think it is a sad day indeed, as his ambition and drive has led technology well throughout the last few decades. Whether one agrees with Apple's business decisions along the way, or pricing model, is irrelevant to the great impact that company has had in the personal technology world.

I say well done, Mr. Jobs, and I wish him well with his future.

You do know the type of cancer he has right? (pancreatic cancer I believe)

Sadly with that, his future might not be very long.
Good luck to him though.

ChezJfrey

Reaction score
No, I rarely tune into any sort of news and just heard briefly that he was resigning due to health, so didn't realize it was a terminal condition. Thanks for the head's up.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You do know the type of cancer he has right? (pancreatic cancer I believe)

Sadly with that, his future might not be very long.
Good luck to him though.

yeah its pancreatic... unfortunately there is no cure for it. chemo treatments are ineffective and its extremely painful from what i understand.

He had a liver transplant last year and it looks like he's having complications from that.

Last edited:

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not to mention he basically funded the entire development of Pixar out of his own pocket when it was just starting, which started the revolution of animated films.

Wish him all the best.

nikecar

Reaction score
yeah its pancreatic... unfortunately there is no cure for it. chemo treatments are ineffective and its extremely painful from what i understand.

He had a liver transplant last year and it looks like he's having complications from that.
Family member died from it. No cure and depending on when its caught, moves VERY VERY quickly through the body.

tcayton49

Reaction score
Not to mention he basically funded the entire development of Pixar out of his own pocket when it was just starting, which started the revolution of animated films.

Wish him all the best.

I wish him the best too, but to say he basically funded the entire development of Pixar out of his own pocket when it was just starting, which started the revolution of animated films is a bit inaccurate.
I wouldn't wish cancer on my worst enemy, but people are giving Jobs entirely too much credit for a great many things.