Steve Jobs making an announcment next week...

Discussion in 'Non-Android Smart Phones' started by R1Lover, Jan 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R1Lover

R1Lover New Member

I just got word that Steve is making an announcement next week and the topic is the iPhone on Verizon that will be available in June 2010.

stay tuned...........
  2. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod Staff Member Premium Member

who cares...i own a Droid and don't like apple products. =P
  3. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

4. superglen99

superglen99 New Member

its to anounce another over priced pos. an apple tablet. it should be called "ipad" for all the people that use it, it's a fitting name hahaha.
  5. nkcavs23

nkcavs23 New Member

remember the iphone nano rumor. just quit talking. i had an iphone, and now i have a droid. theres a reason i switched. THERES A MAP FOR THAT
  6. M1dnite

M1dnite Guest

.....What does this has to do with Droid. Why are you so concerned about Apple? What does Apple have to do with out Droid? Android will never get its own identity if people keep comparing the two.
  7. Rettocs

Rettocs New Member

Well, when the two phones are the top of the charts, competing for #1, of course they are going to be compared. Until one falls way below (like the Samsung Instinct), I don't forsee a time when they WON'T be compared.

My $.02
  8. M1dnite

M1dnite Guest

Well this is Droid discussion not Iphone discussion.

Plus on the Iphone board, I bet you dont see Droid announcements on there.
  9. Rettocs

Rettocs New Member

If that was the point you were making, you should have just said that.
  10. takeshi

takeshi New Member

Then why click on the thread and read it (and reply to it)? You realize that each reply bumps the thread and keeps it active right? If you want a thread to die then don't reply to it.
  11. wil318466

wil318466 New Member

To be fair, the comparison of the two phones is warranted. Yes, I'm a bit sick of it too, but in all honesty the ongoing comparison is actually a compliment to how good the Droid/Android is. Its serious competition. Its much more serious than most people think. The Android OS is getting better and better VERY quickly. Apple had years on the Android OS, and Android is almost there.

Apple should be very worried. Their dominance of the casual smartphone market is not as tight as its been, and we all know in the Tech world that the better product will win out in leaps and bounds. This is easily proven by the AMD/Intel wars, and the Nvidia/ATI wars. We all have our preferences, I was a diehard AMD and Nvidia buyer. Unfortunately at this point Intel and ATI are downright better, and the new computer I'm pricing out has both of them in it.

I'm all about loyalty, and I would buy something I was loyal to if it was about the same price/speed, but I'm taking the best choice for me. Open Android/Verizon is a hell of a better option than iPhone/AT&T. Now we have more options as Verizon customers.

Personally, I despise Apple products, but I appreciate what the have done for the market, and that is create real competiton and innovation.

I'd never get rid of my Droid over a crappy iPhone even if it was on Verizon's network. My friend was sitting on his couch playing with my phone last night (he always asks to see it, mind you he always tells me to put my phone away and that I"m obsessed with it) and just looked up and said "Damn this thing is awesome. It does everything. I have to admit this is a great device". Then I showed him Google Goggles and voice search Google maps, stuff I wouldn't break out in front of him because he would yell at me, and he was amazed. Just made me realize how awesome this thing is, and he hates tech toys (he can barely use a computer).

-Wil
  12. Rettocs

Rettocs New Member

I agree with almost everything you said, except that I don't mind Apple products. I like the iPhone just fine, but I prefer the Droid by leaps and bounds.
  13. mjs31

mjs31 New Member

Both are nice phones. Apple is really not crap at all and typically do a great job with their products. I enjoyed the iPhone but like the Droid better. If it did go to verizon it would take away from Droid sales which is obvious. Not for me though. Either way, the announcement is the unveiling of the new apple tablet. At least the primary announcement. All over the tech news for weeks now.
  14. wil318466

wil318466 New Member

Its not that I think Apple products in and of themselves is bad. I think they are designed nice and are solid. Actually, they are great things for the masses..

I hate the company. I've always hated it. I hate the way they lock everything down. I hate iTunes. I hate the fact you HAVE to install it. I hate Apple Quicktime. I hate Macs. I hate Steve Jobs's stupid turtleneck.

Know what I really hate? The users. I hate their smug little comments like "Dude Macs are SO MUCH better than PCs". And I look at them and say "Yeah, but I play Crysis on my PC and you play with Photoshop."

I just don't know what it is. Maybe I'm a hater?

I grudgingly admire Apple's innovation and design. I just don't buy their stuff. Why not just go with the standard formats? Maybe I'm nuts.

-Wil
  15. BostonBill

BostonBill New Member

Thanks for the info! Personally I hope it is that their new tablet will go for $200 or that they are ready to release a new Iphone that will raise the bar technologically.
    Then again I was in the "waiting room" last night for 2.1.
    Hope is the operative word.
  16. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

Thats why I moved it.

Ladies and Gentlement in the future please remember to post non Motorola Droid related threads in the appropriate forum section.

Thank you much appreciated........
  17. R1Lover

R1Lover New Member

I couldn't find it, because you have android in the name of this section... lol some people are old and can't see too well... to see that it says Non-android... lol
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.