Steve Jobs Has Passed Away!

xaelith

Reaction score
Let's not forget his contributions to the film industry via Pixar. Since its introduction to the main stream, the CGI in movies has progressed and improved by leaps and bounds. The man truly had vision and knew what tech to keep an eye on.

On a lighter note, it wouldn't surprise me if it were discovered that Jobs or someone in his family tree helped give us sliced bread ;)

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
One of the absolute top CEO's of the last 30 years. Maybe one of the truly sad aspects is what he might have done on the charitable front putting his skills to use there in his later years.

I know this was rumored a year or two ago, and his health had always been a subject of rumor. Still shocking because you really heard very little about his health, outside of stepping down from CEO, the last few months.

MadDroid

Reaction score
From great competition comes great innovation.

Steve Jobs provided that for android.
You will be missed.

We would not be where we are today without you.

Agreed. Rest in peace, Mr. Jobs.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

dbunt

Reaction score
Saddened, yet moved...

I would like to start by saying that I wholeheartedly agree with all the previous posts about Jobs changing the technology world forever. The way we interact with our gadgets is largely modeled after the i-Devices because of how successful they have been. I know that the only reason that I love my Droid so much is because so many people loved their iPhones before that. I'd to say that I agree that cancer is, for lack of a better word, horrible. We've all felt the pain of losing someone to cancer, and it's never an easy thing. I would also like to say that it really moves me to log on to DroidForums for the first time in a while and see this thread and all of the positivity that it has spawned in all of my fellow respondents.
I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say that our thoughts are with his family and friends tonight. R.I.P. Steve. :yr1:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sad news to hear. He has been a big reason why apple is where it is today. He pointed apple back into the direction of being top dog. Android would not be where it was if it was not for him giving people a vision of what to shoot for in technology.
This is very sad news. I pray God's comfort to be on his loved ones.

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
R.I.P. Mister Jobs, without you these phones wouldn't be what they are today, an to extension we would not have this forum for us all to meet. An while we may have spoke your name like there was a bad taste in our mouths, we never wished you any harm. Among the smartphone boom, you sir, are king. Rest in Peace..your in Gods hands now.

chewy74

Reaction score
What a very sad day. R.I.P. Steve Jobs. I don't think the tech world will ever be the same without you. The impact of your passing won't be fully realized until years later.

See you in iHeaven

diverbelow

Reaction score
Today, I am proud of the android community as we paid our respects to Steve Job and his family, friends since he passed away at the age of 56 because of pancreatic cancer. There have been great posts by Google co-founders, Bll Gates and several others wrote about Steve. I may not be an iPhone fan, but Apple computers have been great and I love pixar movies, even before I had kids.

From my family to Steve's we will miss you and Thank you for all you did in your lifetime. Rest in peace 1955 - 2011

P.S. F'off Cancer!

kjumper187

Reaction score
RIP Steve Jobs! I may not own a thing you created (directly), but respect the ideas/inventions you created and ideas/inventions you spawned.

afrchutch

Reaction score
Good Guy. True genius. May he rip.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
RIP

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums