Steve Jobs: Flash talk; talkin' shi*

Discussion in 'Non-Android Smart Phones' started by Jim 777, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Jim 777

Jim 777 Active Member

posted on FB buy my buddy who works at Adobe:
    CE-Oh no he didn't? Part LXVII: Steve Jobs lashes out at Google, calls Adobe 'lazy' -- Engadget

2. gentlefury

gentlefury New Member

yeah i saw that...while he is in fact correct about the laziness of Adobe, all adobe products are crap! All Adobe does is buy other companies and just build on top of the original code...they never write anything from scratch and that's why everything is so bloated...

That being said, Steve is full of ****! Everyone will continue to use and want flash on their devices. This is just yet another excuse. Jobs wants people to waste money on TV episodes on iTunes and crappy ports of flash games in the app store...it has nothing to do with stability!

And as for his Google statements....well he is totally talking out of his ass! Apple entered the phone market themselves less than 6 years ago, so don't act like Apple invented the cell phone! To slander Google for becoming real competition is just childish.

Which company is sueing others for using Multi-Touch and trying to ban importation of Nokia phones to the US...was that google or apple?

Which company offers everything as open source and gives all their services and software to consumers for free?

Which company charges for firmware updates for their mobile devices and considers copy/paste a feature you should pay for??
  3. Enter

Enter New Member

The funny part about this: you know Jobs uses Google search. Jobs is an idiot, thinking any phone than the iphone just wants to kill the iphone. When in fact, there were so many phones before the iphone, nobody said that the iphone is the Blackberry killer or RAZR killer. The more phones out there the better choices through competition we have. The sad thing about this is the fact that Apple *****ed for so long about Microsoft having a monopoly, now Apple has a monopoly in the mobile department and they are hypocrites. Their motto was to be different but now that they have a strong market share, they want everyone to be the same.
  4. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

It seems to me that these quotes weren't verified. But even if he said it so what? Why do we care about what Steve Jobs says?

I might care because I have a Mac but I don't believe Google gives a crap about what Jobs has to say.
  5. 928Droid

928Droid Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Well Engadget stepped up and has a "version" of their website without any "Apple News" , very cool and I saved the link as a favorite :)

Do you hate Apple news? -- Engadget

Here is the direct link to "Apple-Free Engadget" , works great! Engadget

IF only we could do something like that on this forum for "Apple", "iPhone" and "2.1", the world would be a perfect place. :icon_ devil:
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2010
  6. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

:woot: Right on Hook:icon_ banana:
    I could give a sh!! less what he, or anyone at Apple thinks. Anyone that sh!ts on their customers as much as Apple really doesn't deserve their success...
  7. nolanandy

nolanandy New Member

exactly, why do you care what Job's says? tell me a CEO/president who is your role model...IMO, this is a problem in the US..you won't get much love when you're on top. I can see why so many people hate Microsoft, Google, Apple, Jobs, Gates, my boss Larry Ellison, Lakers, Yankees, Cowboys, Red Wings, etc. why? because they are the BEST.
  8. gentlefury

gentlefury New Member

It's actually not a different version of the site its a filter.

You can type in anything you want.

Engadget

and whatever else you don't want to read about.
  9. 928Droid

928Droid Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Obviously, BUT still fun to use to filter out the ..well...stuff.
  10. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

Well once flash is released on devices, I'm hoping there is a backlash against them.

Reason I say that is because the end users really want flash. Whether it's buggy or not is not the issue.

People want it.

He's basically telling them "No, you can't have it because I say it's buggy." Imagine the shoe were on the other foot and Google wouldn't allow it to work on Android. this place would be on fire. We'd see riots : )

It's just bad business.

He's alienating his user base.

I really believe once flash is available on our devices it will be HUGE. I think it will create even more defections to Android and I think the existing iPhone customers will start to see whats really going on and get upset.

He's walking a fine line right now. Thats my thoughts.

Lastly he does have one thing entirely correct. This is no joke:

"Make no mistake they want to kill the iPhone. We won't let them."

The battle has already begun : )
  11. Shaneathan

Shaneathan Member

I have a Mac and will only use Macs from now on. I love my Droid. I hate flash, but want my Droid to have it because so many websites use it. I want flash to get better, but since it won't, the main problem is this:

People still make websites in flash.

Once people stop making websites in flash, the problems will go away. Have you tried the Youtube HTML5 version? It's MUCH better than the flash version.

I have no problem with what Jobs has said. Flash is awful and needs to go away.
  12. gentlefury

gentlefury New Member

Problem is, iphone users are hard core. My friends girlfriend has an iphone he has a droid, he keeps trying to show her stuff and she always thinks its nothing compared to the iphone.....he said he recently actually got her to admit the droid is pretty awesome tho.

Once flash is on every platform except iPhone I think apple fanboys will say...what do we need flash for?? It will just slow down my precious iPhone/iPad! I would rather not have flash! And they will convince themselves of this while everyone else can visit any site on the web and watch videos and listen to music.
  13. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

The hardcore fans will always be in denial no doubt. It's the others, which I THINK is the majority, who will move on or become disenchanted.

All my friends have iPhones. They are not fanboys but just like the device.

They have all expressed interest in the Moto Droid and really like what it offers when I show them it. When I tell them that flash will also be available their eyes light up.

I think it's just a matter of time before the average user i.e. non fan boy will look at another platform if they keep getting served the same dish.

As Android evolves it's going to make an impact (already has) and consumers are VERY fickle. One minute they love you and when something else comes along that does it a little better they are gone.

You always have to dangle the carrot in front of them or their attention moves onto something else.
  14. justbob

justbob New Member

You're correct. Fanboys will be fanboys no matter which camp they're in. That being said, I know of at least one iPhone user I know who told me that once his contract is up he's dumping it for a Droid because he's sick of all the restrictions.

There may be hope for some of them yet. :)
  15. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

HTML 5 is a way off from taking over the internet from Flash. Apple can put it's eggs in that basket. HTML 5 may be the future, but it's in no way the present.
    Flash is everywhere on the internet. Problems or not, it's something the end user wants.

I think that once other mobile devices start to have Flash that the iPhone will suffer if it's not available.... but as of now it's a moot point since no one has it.
  16. 640k

640k Active Member

alienate? no. it will just help to feed the already self-entitled masses that follow apple's model. i've never seen a more devoted fan base to a company that does everything opposite of what "good busines" really means. nothing apple does should net them any income, yet people flock to them.

microsoft missed a big opportunity back when they were being sued for being a monopoly. instead they helped appled get out of debt and become relevant again.
  17. syntax53

syntax53 New Member

Apple-less engadget doesn't seem to apple-less at all =P

Screen shot of Engadget a few minutes ago.

[​IMG]
  18. kristoff125

kristoff125 New Member

Aren't most Adobe products, Photoshop, their video editor, etc. the main reason most people buy macs over PCs anyways?
  19. slinky

slinky New Member

Let Steve Jobs kill the iPhone. He's doing the world a favor in his arrogance. Long live Flash, even though I hate it on my web sites.
  20. Malvado

Malvado DF News Team/Mod Premium Member

this has been posted alot but yea steve jobs is retarded