stereo Wireless bluetooth headset

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by iunknown, Nov 10, 2009.

1. iunknown

iunknown New Member

Was wondering if anyone could point me to a recommended bluetooth headset that I could use while running on the treadmill, so that I can watch video. Would only need to be comfortable for an hour and it needs to stay in place. So far only found,

Motorola-S305
    Amazon.com: Motorola S305 MOTOROKR Stereo Bluetooth Headphones [Retail Packaging]: Cell Phones & Service
  2. J5311

J5311 New Member

I do not have them, but I have the motorola S9 and S9-HD

my first S9 the felt peaker went out, but I still use it for when the other battery is dead. The S9-HD has way better sound but it tends to pull downward on your ears after a while. I litterally wear them all day for about 8 hours while I work and it is really great.

They will not hurt your ears if you will only wear them for 1-3 hours and the battery will deffinatly last that long.
    They stay snug on your head and are "Sweat Resistant" which is great for working out.

Amazon.com: Motorola MOTOROKR S9 Bluetooth Active Headphones (Red/Black) [Retail Packaging]: Cell Phones & Service
  3. ryanc2

ryanc2 New Member

How are they when wearing glasses?
  4. Danthok

Danthok New Member

They sound great! What kind of charge time do they have? How is overall sound quality?
  5. J5311

J5311 New Member

they are fine with glasses. I actually have a wire pair, but I have gone cycling with thee headphones. Helmet and glasses on. It was really comfortable and they never felt like there were going to fall off. The sound quality is Great on the s9-HD! It not only provides loud, clean music, but because of the design, blocks out outside noises. But they are not noise canceling is that makes sense.
    I think the battery lasts for about 5-6 hours depending how you use/charge it.

Hope this helps
  6. toastermax

toastermax New Member

Does anyone know of a stereo headset that also allows us to utilize the voice search on our phones?
  7. M1dnite

M1dnite Guest

I love the S9, great sound quality. I picked some up at Office Depot for 20. They were close out special YMMV.
  8. M1dnite

M1dnite Guest

It's the Android software issue, not the device.
  9. LennyPK

LennyPK New Member

What is the issue concerning the Andriod software and bluetooth? Does anyone know if it will be corrected in the Dec. 11 release?
  10. medicTHREE

medicTHREE New Member

No one knows that. It hasn't been corrected in all of the android releases so far 1.0, 1.5, and 1.6 all have this problem.
  11. LennyPK

LennyPK New Member

Bummer, what function are we missing with this issue?
  12. holee

holee New Member

I think the Bluetooth standard does not allow for stereo sound and microphone at the same time.

You can have stereo audio or mono audio + microphone, but you can't have both at the same time, even if the device supports multiple profiles.
  13. LennyPK

LennyPK New Member

Ouch. The situation is getting more complex. If it is indeed a Bluetooth standard issue there may be nothing that Motorola or Google can do about it, at this time.
  14. Ellectronico

Ellectronico Member

i love the s9. only thing that sucks is you cant use them while you are laying down(on your back). I like to listen while i rest so i had to switch to a wired set. but if you are not going to do this, then they are Great!
  15. ScottDroid

ScottDroid New Member

s9

S9 is not very agreeable with sweating and working out... read reviews on them.

I own the s9 and have gone through several pairs all due to charging issues, not the sweating and shorting out issue.

I did however buy the el cheapo insignia BT headset from best buy and its amazing..
  16. QiG

QiG New Member

I have the S9 (before it was revised, I think). It works ok but I was using it with my old Chocolate (vx8500) to go running and it cuts out with a lot of movement. I don't know if it's a general bluetooth thing or if it's the hardware, but if I kept the phone in my pocket it would cut out constantly. My solution was to grab a zune arm band and cram the chocolate phone in there and it worked fine strapped to my upper arm unless I turned my head quickly (checking for traffic). If I'm stationary it worked fine if I wandered from my bedroom to my front room in my apartment, so there's probably about 20-30 feet you can play with.

I would also note that the base that rests on (above) the back of your neck isn't suited for certain things. If I was laying down (to bench press) or sitting down in a recliner to use with my PS3, it gets real uncomfortable real quick.

I was just wondering myself how useful it would be with my Droid. I had been using my chocolate with regular ear buds before I got this, but now with Pandora I'd like to see if the pause on the headset controls work with the app.
  17. Sleeve

Sleeve New Member

The S9 and HD will bind for HFP, A2DP, and AVRCP with a Droid. If you are listening to music and you receive a call, the music pauses, you hear a ring, and you can answer with the S9 call answer button. The S9 mic carries your voice and you hear the caller in mono through both ears. Hang up and the music resumes on its own.

You can't do both at once, but a good BT design like the Droid's lets you listen to music and take calls and it switches on its own painlessly.
  18. terriermike

terriermike New Member

woot.com has a deal today on a pair of LG's for $25 total with shipping. Looks like they got pretty decent reiews. My only concern is that for me, I listen to my music pretty loudly when working out and since these are the kind that sit on the outside of your ear, everyone will be able to hear my music.

But for anyone looking for a cheap, decent pair of bluetooth headphones these might fit the bill.
  19. QiG

QiG New Member

For anyone wondering, I just charged my S9 and tested it with Pandora. The pause and next track buttons on the headset work with the app.
  20. holee

holee New Member

I wish there was a BT standard that let you have everything.

If you could get stereo AND hands-free, I could see using one BT headset for everything, from gaming to calling.

Alas, that day looks like it'll be a few more years away.
Search tags for this page

bluetooth headset

bluetooth wireless audio recliner