Stereo Speakers On The Galaxy S8?!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
gsmarena_001.jpg

A whole new set of Galaxy S8 renders have leaked out via GSMArena. The 3D renders were acquired from a case maker who claims to have the accurate schematics of the phone. We see the same basic design we have seen in leaks and renders for the past few weeks. By now I feel it is pretty safe to say we will see a dual curved edge display with slim bezels on top and bottom. This new series of renders also shows a missing home button. The back of the phone also features curved edges and a single camera.

A few things that bring more questions than answers with these new renders are the fact that they appear to show a "micro usb" port instead of USB Type-C. Certainly Samsung won't forgo USB-C on the Galaxy S8. We also see a 3.5mm headphone jack which has been rumored to not be included in the device. There are speaker grills on both the top and bottom of the device which would indicate stereo speakers. Once again these renders are showing the power toggle on the left side of the phone along with the volume rocker which I personally think is a big mistake. Then again maybe Samsung is finally showing all you lefties out there some love.

What do you think is this the Galaxy S8? Are we still to far out to know what the device will look like?

via GSMarena

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I still don't get went usb-c is so important. I'd prefer the micro usb myself.

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
I still don't get went usb-c is so important. I'd prefer the micro usb myself.
I like the fact that I'm able to just grab my charger and plug it in no matter which way lol Now I know there are cables out there that allow that with micro but that requires spending a couple extra $$.

As far as stereo speakers it's possible. Didn't Samsung just acquire Harman? If you ask me Samsung is two front facing stereo speakers away from having the perfect phone.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Usb-c is far superior to micro usb. You can plug it either way and it is so much more durable. I lost count how many micro usb connectors I've bent over the years.