stereo headset with remote

jaja714

Reaction score
I see a few stereo headsets out there where the mic also contains a button which can be used to control music playback. So, while you're at the gym, you can pause, FF, RW, etc... just by pressing this button certain ways. Unfortunately, none of these headsets works with a droid unless the screen is on.

So, the only way to pause, FF, RW, etc... is to physically pull the phone out of your pocket, unlock the screen, and then the remote buttons work. Well, that sort of defeats the purpose. I want to keep my phone in my pocket at the gym for fear of dropping it or tangling the headphone cords and all that.

I called JVC and they seem perfectly fine knowing that their HA-FR201 doesn't work with any phones that they know of. I called them for support and they do not have a list of phones that their headsets work with and that, if mine didn't work, I should return it. I am here to tell everyone not to buy these because even JVC knows that they don't work. They don't even work with iPhone 4s or iPhone 5.

Does anyone know which stereo headsets with remote will work with the RMHD?

OP
J

jaja714

Reaction score
bumpity bump bump ... doesn't anyone use headphones with mic and inline controls?

NaturalLightKiller

Reaction score
I recommend the Sony MW600 Wireless Bluetooth Headset with FM tuner
Amazon.com: Sony Ericsson Hi-Fi Bluetooth Stereo Headset with FM Radio: Cell Phones & Accessories

If you don't need an FM tuner, then you could consider the samsung hs3000. It's more simple easier to use because the buttons are well designed.

I have both, and I prefer the sound and the volume on the Sony although the volume slider is pretty stupid (but it works). It's not a big deal though. The Sony also has longer battery life (8 hours or more). I use it every day at work all day long and I love it.

OP
J

jaja714

Reaction score
Hmmm, I was looking for a wired headset becasue I've read that most bluetooth headset batteries don't last more than an hour or two. I'll get this Sony if you can confirm that (a) the battery can handle five+ hours of playing and (b) the buttons work from the RMHD even when the screen is off.

NaturalLightKiller

Reaction score
Yes you can listen for a long time before the battery is dead, 5+ hours is no problem. I usually listen to about 4 hours of FM radio then another 4 hours of TuneIn Radio or something. BTW that's why I got the Maxx HD, for the battery life. Still, if you started with fully charged batteries and played streaming audio the whole time, the Sony bluetooth battery would outlast the phone easily. Playing music from your phone (not streaming) would be a different story.

The buttons work with every app I have tried. You can pause/play, skip ahead/back, and answer the phone. Play Music is the default player on the phone, so if you push the play button it automatically starts that and plays the music.

When the phone rings, the media pauses and it plays the ringtone that comes with the bluetooth (not your ringtone). It sounds like weird electronic chimes. When you hang up, it automatically resumes whatever you were listening to. Text messaging is different, it plays your notification sound right over the music and if your music volume is loud you might not hear it.

OP
J

jaja714

Reaction score
That sounds like a plan except for I would not be able to use the bluetooth with non-bluetooth devices ... like the TV on the treadmill at the gym. So, I'm still looking for wired headsets with a mic and remote ... where the remote works on the RMHD.

Anyone?

R

RETG

Always get one of those bluetooth adapters that fit into a 3.5mm headphone jack and then get a bluetooth headphone setup. I have the LG HBS700, last for up to six hours on a charge, all controls work with or without the screen on, and that includes the phone function as well as the music playback function.

And example...Amazon.com: Miccus Mini-jack RX: Bluetooth Music Receiver pair it with Phones, Tablets, PCs and Apple Devices: MP3 Players & Accessories

headphones....Amazon.com: LG Tone Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Retail Packaging - Black/Orange: Electronics

OP
J

jaja714

Reaction score
Guys, I don't want to get two more things to keep charged.

Getting back to the original question, does anyone know of a WIRED headset with mic/remote that works with the RMHD?

Alternately, does anyone know of a fix to why RMHD fails to monitor to the remote commands when the screen is off?

NaturalLightKiller

Reaction score

Today I tested it to see how long the battery lasts on both the MW600 and the Razr Maxx HD. I used Tunein radio app and started streaming at 7:00 am. The MW600 battery died at 4:30 pm and the phone still had 16% charge left. Amazing battery on this phone.

My old phone was the Photon 4g with an extended battery and that would only last 7 hours streaming audio.

permutations

Reaction score

Getting back to the original question, does anyone know of a WIRED headset with mic/remote that works with the RMHD?

Alternately, does anyone know of a fix to why RMHD fails to monitor to the remote commands when the screen is off?

Did you find what you were looking for? I want the same thing, though for slightly different reasons. I bought the Bose QC15 noise cancelling headset (I work at home, and there are incessant jackhammers outside my window). This is an expensive headset, and it drives me crazy that the inline remote controls don't work. I found some possible solutions and I have some things on order, but haven't tested them yet.

permutations

Reaction score
wired headset for Razr Maxx HD with working volume control?

Did you find what you were looking for? I want the same thing, though for slightly different reasons. I bought the Bose QC15 noise cancelling headset (I work at home, and there are incessant jackhammers outside my window). This is an expensive headset, and it drives me crazy that the inline remote controls don't work. I found some possible solutions (adapters with inline mics and remotes where you can plug in your own headset), but haven't tested them yet.

killer428

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Nexus 6
Twitter
04Mystichrome
I too am looking for a "WIRED" headset to work on the Razr Maxx HD. I have a Samsung Headset but again the controls don't work. Isn't there an app to make these work ?

permutations

Reaction score
Which Samsung headset do you have?

I've ordered a few things that seem promising, but they haven't arrived yet. Once I've tried them, I'll report back.

killer428

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Nexus 6
Twitter
04Mystichrome
Here is the Samsung headset I have . I love the sound just wish the controls worked. I don't know what model they are? Verizon store gave them to me when I was having a problem with my other phone.