Stereo dock?

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by Guurzak, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Guurzak

Guurzak Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not sure how you can call something a "multimedia" dock if it has no audio capability. :icon_evil: Is anyone aware of a current or future docking option with speakers?

2. 640k

640k Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    they call it "multimedia" because of the application that pops up when docked.

3. FireDroid

FireDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The multi media pertains to the pics, music, and weather options when docked.

4. Guurzak

Guurzak Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks to both of you for defining "multimedia".

Is there a stereo dock?

5. FireDroid

FireDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    "I'm not sure how you can call something a "multimedia" dock if it has no audio capability"

We just answered you question from above! That is THE reason they can call it a "multimedia" dock!

No I know of no other dock that will allow music to be transmitted once docked though other speakers other than on the Droid!

No reason to get pissy, think your questions through before you post if you are sesitive about the response!

6. Guurzak

Guurzak Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not pissy or sensitive, just trying to clarify the specific question I was trying to get answered by posting. I do appreciate the help.

7. Brendan

Brendan New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I need help inventing a true multimedia dock/car stereo head unit.

I am an engineering student in San Diego. I have always been on the cutting edge of having phones. This Droid is way beyond that. I made a commitment of at least 2 years to this phone. I want the most of my phones interactivity. Let's take Car manufacturer's, Verizon, Pioneer, Bose, Mark Levinson, Alpine, and make the Droid eliminate the recharging cable. Its safe secure and always charged and its one more way for you to enjoy handsfree use of your Droid. I can explain more if anyone reads this and finds it interesting. I think it will knock a homerun out of the park! Should be one Droid Car stereo per household or car.
    Brendan R Hill
    :motdroidhoriz:

8. Brendan

Brendan New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am with you and listening to your concern.

Being a Droid Owner I know how easy it is to want more out of the Droid. I have a feeli9ng it will take people like yourself and I to gain support for a Car stereo head unit that will allow the droid to charge, play music, and do all of its other things. Multimedia, I know, I want ot get my money back for the Window Mount and Car Charger. Would rather have spent a little more on a deck to replace the one in the car.

9. takeshi

takeshi Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Was the OP asking about a car multimedia dock? My impression was a desktop dock was the topic.

Problem is that the dock would have to use BT or have an ungainly aux cable (unless there's a way to get audio via USB on the Droid). With the latter a dock would be a bit pointless IMO since you could use an aux cable with any stereo or other device with aux in.

10. cuskit

cuskit Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    MIKRADLE is working on a new multimedia dock that will utilize integral speakers for stereo music. Of course - an audio cable will have to connect the phone to the dock as well as the USB charging port. Both cables will be supplied with the unit. I'm hoping to have this in production and available by late spring or early summer. News and timetables will be posted on our Supporting Vendor site here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mi...ock-where-all-covers-accepted.html#post237246

Meanwhile - even I am resorted to using my separate powered speakers (Bose at home and Altec Lansing here at my office). :) cuskit

11. smokelaw1

smokelaw1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    cuskit,

That is GREAT to hear!! I am holding off on the multimedia dock until I can get one just like what you are describing. I've been looking for one like it since well before I got the Droid. I want to listen to music all day at the office, without having to bring a different device (and most music sites are blocked at work). The stand you are discussing is EXACTLY what I am looking for. If I may offer one suggestion...don't go (too) cheap on the speakers. People would rather spend the extra 5-15 bucks (usually) and not be disappointed in sound quality. This is my experience among my friends and family, at least.
    I would gladly volunteer as BETA tester or first customer when the time comes.

12. cuskit

cuskit Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    MIKRADLE will not be utilizing cheap speakers. Our product has had the pleasure of enjoying a reputation for high quality - and we will continue to incorporate that asset through all of our future products.

I'll be happy to log you in as the first customer at the time of our release. Thanks! :) mike

13. smokelaw1

smokelaw1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I hope I caused no offense by using the word "cheap" in my post. I simply meant that when deciding where on the price/level of components scale the doc will fall, my interests are more on quality than afordabilty.
    Take care.

14. cuskit

cuskit Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Absolutely no offense taken! I knew exactly what you meant! Like you - I feel that a product such as a stereo/multimedia dock should incorporate at the least a decent quality speaker - given the the purchase price of such an item. Even the construction materials used for this unit will follow the guidelines of high quality speaker construction such as you will find in names like Paradigm, Bose, etc.

Your thoughts are right in line with the projected cost vs quality target that I'm projecting for the average buyer of this unit. I appreciate your input! :) mike

15. Brendan

Brendan New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone have access to the AUTOCAD, solidworks or Pro-E, dimensions for the droid. I can input that into a working model in order to submit the Car Stereo Head unit out to bid. if anyone would like to help with designs while I am in school we could partner up.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
Search tags for this page

droid accesories for pioneer car stereo

stero dock for motorola droid