Stereo BT Background Noise...

billyk

Reaction score
New to the Droid, not new to using stereo BT headsets with phones for music.

I use Moto S9's and the background noise with the Droid is significant. I double-checked by plugging in a hard-wired headset and the noise floor is very low.

Since I don't own a second set of S9's can anyone else with S9's (or similar) chime in on this? Is the Droid stereo BT noisey?

Thanks!

tbever

Reaction score
New to the Droid, not new to using stereo BT headsets with phones for music.

I use Moto S9's and the background noise with the Droid is significant. I double-checked by plugging in a hard-wired headset and the noise floor is very low.

Since I don't own a second set of S9's can anyone else with S9's (or similar) chime in on this? Is the Droid stereo BT noisey?

Thanks!

I just got the Moto S305's yesterday. Zero noise so far.

jsb432

Reaction score
Have been shopping for BT stereo headsets but haven't picked a pair yet as the reviews seem to be all over the map. The S9's and the S305's are on the short list though.

That said, I can't speak to whether you're experiencing a problem specific to your Droid and/or headphones - however, it is my opinion that a significant amount of Droids (and possibly all of them) do not put out perfectly clear audio. I have experienced "background noise" on all 5 Droids I've owned during the 30 day trial period, it was there on every phone I tried in 3 VZW stores (about a dozen phones) in the Boston metro area.

I just think it's an unfortunate combination of design flaws (software and/or hardware and/or firmware), good hearing.....and being anal retentive (me, not necessarily you :).

Personally, since I like so many other aspects of the phone, I just decided to deal with it, and hope for a firmware solution if that's possible. If not, I'll pray that the Passion or whatever they're going to call it, makes it to VZW and then sell the Droid on eBay. And I won't bother to use the Droid as a music device - although for an MSRP in the $500-600 range, the thing oughta be able to handle it.