stereo 2.5mm to 3.5mm cell phone adapter?

cyber3d

Reaction score
I have a problem using my cell phone ear buds (with a built in mic). It has a 4 conductor (typically called a 3 ring) 2.5mm male jack. But, the Droid has a 3.5mm female socket (I assume it is a 4 conductor receptacle). You need 4 conductor to utilize the mic. True?

Anyone know of an adapter that works? Anyone else in my situation got it figured out?

I can use a cheap adapter jack to listen to music with my buds, but I want to use it's mic feature if at all possible.

Moderator - please move to the correct forum if needed.

ronnie william

Reaction score
stereo 2.5mm to 3.5mm

I think amazon.com has solved your problem. You can visit there and find out what is best for you. After solving your problem you can also search for droid accessories within amazing low prices.

Reaction score
I have a problem using my cell phone ear buds (with a built in mic). It has a 4 conductor (typically called a 3 ring) 2.5mm male jack. But, the Droid has a 3.5mm female socket (I assume it is a 4 conductor receptacle). You need 4 conductor to utilize the mic. True?

Anyone know of an adapter that works? Anyone else in my situation got it figured out?

I can use a cheap adapter jack to listen to music with my buds, but I want to use it's mic feature if at all possible.

Moderator - please move to the correct forum if needed.

This might be different, but when I plug in my Droid to my Aux in my truck with a standard 3.5 stereo cord I am able to take the call without even going to the speaker mode and everyone still hears me through the mic.