Steps to root Droid Pro

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
Is it as simple as downloading z4root and saying "Go"? Can anyone provide a detailed link on what I should do? Im doing this specifically to remove that annoying Droid sound at startup.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

scion676

Reaction score
Is it as simple as downloading z4root and saying "Go"? Can anyone provide a detailed link on what I should do? Im doing this specifically to remove that annoying Droid sound at startup.

Yea that's pretty much it. Install z4root (make sure to check the box in your settings for "install from unknown sources". Reboot (if you haven't recently), open z4root and select temp root or permanent root and you should be good to go. Good luck.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score

I haven't rooted my Pro, so I am probably not a good one to be providing info. But, from what I have read on this forum it is pretty much download and install z4root and go. I have read that sometimes you have to go through the install process a couple of times before it "takes". Most recommend renaming files to .bak instead of deleting them.

OP
G

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
Yea im definitely not going to delete it. Id heard the suggestion to rename so im gonna go with that. Thanks.